Next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a statement on the Swansea website denying any approach sorry can't post a link because I'm on my phone and don't know how to!

The interesting thing, and my hope that there is something in this story, is in the fact that Swansea say that Leicester have not made an approach: they do not say that they would rebuff same were it to come.

Their statement reads as if, were we to ask, they would be powerless to prevent our success. :102:

How do you know Chris said that?

because I was in one of the rooms in the stadium when Chris walked in and I got talking to him (well in truth the person I was with was talking to him) and I just stood there listening, thinking I'm not sure I should be here listening to this, but I did! And as he was talking Hoos walked across the room and out the other side into another room (meeting room I assume)

Gareth Southgate is in South Africa at the moment.

Just noticed the mockery article says this:

"Other possible targets of Mandaric's flight could include Iain Dowie, believed to be on holiday in the middle east, and Gareth Southgate and Chris Coleman, who are working for television at the World Cup in South Africa."

:icon_cry:

He's trying to make it look like Sousa is the only viable candidate.

There is another story saying he may sell up. Maybe he's off to the far east to kill two birds with one stone? Malaysian businessman for the takeover and Dowie for manager? :icon_wink

Last edited:
I read that to mean he would be taking some short trips in addition to the flight.

Yeah you could well be right. He has seems to have wanted to appoint dowie for a while now.

To stick to his critea the manager should have been "successful" in the championship surely that would rule out southgate and coleman?

Dowie got palace promoted and Relegated and then to the play offs again. So he has some success in this league, but has be rubbish since leaving Palace. It worries me as Milan has tried to get him a few times, rumoured he was going to be manager when he first took over here and tried to get him as pompey boss too.

Though i guess it could be any out of work manager who is on holiday somewhere.

Last edited:
Unlike Sandy Richardson Helen Mirren is at least alive. This is a characteristic she shares with all recent Leicester managers except Gary Megson.

Richardson is a soap character. Therefore can return in the shower when required complete with rusty wheels

Last edited:
Unlike Sandy Richardson Helen Mirren is at least alive. This is a characteristic she shares with all recent Leicester managers except Gary Megson.

Well I must have missed that episode then. When did they wheel him out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669