Nice to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

our views being represented so well.

From the Merc:

Cliff Ginnetta said: "From a financial point of view, it's a good idea. But City fans will get used to the idea more than Tigers fans. Moving from Filbert Street to the Walkers Stadium was a big wrench, but after a couple of games the fans forgot all about it.

"It's different for Tigers fans because the traditions of Welford Road will be lost at the Walkers.

"City fans will go to watch Tigers, but I don't think it will work the other way round. They are just rugby people."

Filbert Street ? Where was that then ?

Just a typical reply from a so called fans spokesman :roll:

There has been alot said about this ground share since it was announced yesterday, some people are for it and alot are against it.
Posts have varied from abusive and narrow mindedness to poetic and optimistic, but no matter what your view the big issue is again we the fans have been walked all over in the knowledge that although there maybe opposition to it, Foxes and Tigers fans will still come and see thier teams as that is what we do, stick by the TEAM through thick and thin. We can shout and scream to oppose this or even back this, but at the end of the day it is not down to us. It is going to happen and I just hope that all of these so called benefits do come off, but I can't help feeling a bit like Wimbledon without moving.
I do not like this idea of a ground share, but it will not stop me from watching City, it will like going to an away game with the home atmosphere :(

The Mercury..god I miss that paper,you can't decent toilet paper up here.

Do you really think that a business (something we all seem to agree the club has become) will alienate 50%+ of its existing customers by merging with another business that would alienate 50%+ of their customers as well?

If the majority don't want the clubs to merge, it won't happen, neither party can afford to do so.

Dunc said:
Do you really think that a business (something we all seem to agree the club has become) will alienate 50%+ of its existing customers by merging with another business that would alienate 50%+ of their customers as well?

If the majority don't want the clubs to merge, it won't happen, neither party can afford to do so.

We can all be moaning about it (like me) but what I am saying is how many would seriously not go to a game because of it? I'd still go.

Its not so much if you'd stop going, its if you'd protest. If existing customers/fans show their feelings then the club has to take notice.

Someone on foxestalk is organising a sit in, although how effective that'd be I'm not sure cause come 6 they'd have to go home as it would be past their bedtime.

I thought they'd be well up for it

It's like a "design new stadium" module on Champ Manager - right up their street

Dunc said:
Its not so much if you'd stop going, its if you'd protest. If existing customers/fans show their feelings then the club has to take notice.

Someone on foxestalk is organising a sit in, although how effective that'd be I'm not sure cause come 6 they'd have to go home as it would be past their bedtime.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: classic

I think Viennetta is wrong. Lots of regular Crumblies go down the City. Admittedly there were loads more in the 60's but they stopped going because of hooliganism. I remember a 2-2 with Forest in the Autumn of '67 when something big went off and many parents (understandably) stopped taking their kids to Filbo.

Any road up I just don't get what the whingers (at both clubs) are on about. The way they are all going on you'd think they were being made to watch the other sport.

God, if the sight of bluey/green livery and blue and green strips can upset you this much you are in serious need of the most advanced psychotherapy Islington can provide...

lazzer said:
Dunc said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: classic

:lol:

I think juvenile disobedience is futile to be honest. I propose a more mature protest. How about we organise a 'shit in' where we all just shit in our seats. They'd take notice then. Also, they could use this human manure the help the pitch out.

Pretty sure some of the old codgers in the West Stand do that anyway

homer said:
Pretty sure some of the old codgers in the West Stand do that anyway

Talking from personal experience again homer? :lol: :shock:

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, Mr Fox

homer said:
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, Mr Fox

Will a pebble do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts