Nicky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really couldnt give a crap who we sign to be honest, i doubt anybody would get me optimistic for the up coming season.

Good to see us splashing out on proven talent. What a coup to have stolen him from under the noses of Rochdale FC.

Well said... We should ignore players like this and go for those who have proven experience like Clemence or Howard or Oakley cos' surely they would do a damn sight better for us.

Well said... We should ignore players like this and go for those who have proven experience like Clemence or Howard or Oakley cos' surely they would do a damn sight better for us.

I don't think that's a very good idea, i think Pearson should be left to make his own signings and then they should be judged on their performances. I also don't think that Clemence Howard or Oakley were very good for us last season.

Come on Londonfox, think about it.

Get use to it... would you rather have players you don't know on the up, or players you know on the way down.

I know what i'd like!! We've signed too many people on reputations the last four years, and that has contributed towards where we are now!!

I agree with you and Londonfox above - you're pretty much saying the same thing and I agree with you both. Signing 'name' players on good money has been a huge waste. Going for players 'on the up' with a growing reputation and a hunger to succeed is the way to go, supplemented by the best players from the academy. Hopefully MM's backing means that Leicester can outbid our mostly poverty-stricken rivals on salaries for these players; these salaries of course for 'unknowns' won't be anything like the fortunes that were paid to Cort, n'Gotty, Kishichev, Clemence, Howard etc but we stand a competitive advantage in being able to sign the best of them.

Last edited:
I don't think that's a very good idea, i think Pearson should be left to make his own signings and then they should be judged on their performances. I also don't think that Clemence Howard or Oakley were very good for us last season.

Come on Londonfox, think about it.

FF, I have a slight inkling that LF was being ever so slightly ironic, in response to your previous post.:icon_wink

sounds like a cross between Nicky Platnaeur and Micky Adams.
AMAZING!

on the serious side, let's build a new side of unknowns, i don't care if they're shit, at least they'll be ours and not a selection of Derby and Forest rejects

Is the lack of any transfer activity today anything to be concerned about?

Preseason starts tomorrow and half the players there won't be come kick off and no new faces...bit worrisome if you ask me...which no one did, thereby making my opinion unwarranted, unsolicated, and pointless.

Last edited:
Personally I reckon Pearson will assess his squad before any changes. He judge then who to sell and who to get in. Although, I think a centre-half is pretty much a given.

Pearson will be able to judge those players who are not being sold off cos they can fetch a reasonably fat fee.

He will be bringing in players who don't cost much and are keen to play in the Third Division.

I hope he's good at making silk purses out of sows ears, cos he will need to be.

Pearson will be able to judge those players who are not being sold off cos they can fetch a reasonably fat fee.

He will be bringing in players who don't cost much and are keen to play in the Third Division.

I hope he's good at making silk purses out of sows ears, cos he will need to be.

I agree with that but given our resources we have the pick of the players in this hellhole of a league so theres no excuses to not be competing fro promotion next season. As long as they are vetted and selected properly I'd rather see hungry players wanting to prove themselves to big time charlies looking for a final pay day as we have seen al too often of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669