Nicky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another big Talking Balls welcome to some random bloke I've never heard of :038:

Onwards and upwards :038:

Re: Nicky Adams signs

No idea A-Z ..... From what I can gather the 3 signings that have been announced were all completed prior to today. I know of a 4th, but this may or may not happen today, still negotiating.

In your opinion would it be a decent signing, were it to go through :102:

Re: Nicky Adams signs

In your opinion would it be a decent signing, were it to go through :102:

It may help if I knew who it was, so I cannot comment. If I was to have a wild guess I would say it's the guy from Hartlepool, but I really have no idea.

In old money, we have effectively signed two division four players and a conference player.

It will be interesting to observe and note their effort, ability and achievement in the coming season - and to compare it with that of the supposed old-money division one players that we signed this time last year.

It will be interesting to observe and note their effort, ability and achievement in the coming season - and to compare it with that of the supposed old-money division one players that we signed this time last year.

Indeed. I'm certainly not knocking them Boc, i'd much rather us gamble this way than getting old carthorses.

They would have to be going some to be any worse, boc.:icon_wink

Effort and commitment are of course important (and were in short supply last season), but ability is also important. I just hope that these guys have what it takes.

As much as we agree that 'big' names such as Oakley and Clemance have not set the world on fire, I do believe that it is important we keep these players. They are most certainly going to be far and away better than any replacements we could bring in at this level.

I still can't believe we are in this situation!

Last edited:
So many people hoped we would give our youth a chance. Yet when we bring in youth they are not so happy.

I think it's great that we are getting players whose supporters are very sad to see leave as opposed to who we are selling where so many supporters are glad to see them go.

Don't get me wrong I think we should be seeing a lot more of Weso and I also think that Gradel should be in the team...

I just don't think it should all be about blooding youth. Above all else we need to get out of league one. I'm not sure if you can do that with kids.

Did you just make the M into an N, or did you get a whole new one? ;)

I went for the whole new ballbag. I'd already had the MA changed to MA2 just before he was caught snorting coke/hitting youth players/treason (whichever your prefer).

We once signed Roberto Mancini you know. Puts it all into perspective.

I still think that if Clemence and Oakely stay and play shite for the whole season, they would still be better then the majority of other players in the division!

I still think that if Clemence and Oakely stay and play shite for the whole season, they would still be better then the majority of other players in the division!

That is waht I was trying to say, but I think you put it better than me :icon_lol:

It's about balance. Having a midifeld of Weso, Gradel, Adams and Dyer might not necessarily be the best idea. But having a midfield of Gradel, Oakley, Weso and Dyer might just be the key. Similarly, I doubt Worley and Morrison will line up as centre-hallves on the opening day of the season but one of them playing alongside a more experienced centre-half sounds good.

I would be happy if we kept Oakley, Clemence, Howard and N'Gotty to add some experience to both the team and the squad.

It's about balance. Having a midifeld of Weso, Gradel, Adams and Dyer might not necessarily be the best idea. But having a midfield of Gradel, Oakley, Weso and Dyer might just be the key. Similarly, I doubt Worley and Morrison will line up as centre-hallves on the opening day of the season but one of them playing alongside a more experienced centre-half sounds good.

I would be happy if we kept Oakley, Clemence, Howard and N'Gotty to add some experience to both the team and the squad.

I hope one of either oakley or clem stays, but don't think they will unfortunately.

Some one like Idiakez would be a decent old head to get in to help the younger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669