Nicky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the following all leave - Oakley, Howard, DJ, Kisnorbo, Mattock, Porter, Gradel.... And we replace them ALL with players out of contract at clubs akin to Bury, then I may share some of the gloom.

Not surprisingly, we have lost to date those players who other clubs think worth a decent fee. We have also lost Kisnorbo through injury, anyway.

I would think that it's fairly difficult to move on Oakley, Howard, DJ, Clem , Hayles & Fryatt for much of a fee. So they either stay on big wages or move on at a knock down price or in Hayles case on a free.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fed up with the whole circus. I have no idea what to expect and cannot associate with any of our players.

I think I will have made my mind up by the end of the MK Dons game.

That doesn't mean I can't post rubbish and Blue Mongie drivel in the mean time. Devil's advocate an all that. Besides I'm the King of the Mongies. I can do what i like.

If only we'd signed David Norris. None of this would have happened.

At present, the only player I am gutted to lose is MacAulay, Hume has great effort and ability, but is nowhere near the finished article IMO and Stearman was too hot & cold.

If the following all leave - Oakley, Howard, DJ, Kisnorbo, Mattock, Porter, Gradel.... And we replace them ALL with players out of contract at clubs akin to Bury, then I may share some of the gloom.

Don't do it, Alex. Don't do it.

Remember Eeyore

barb_eeyore_cloud.gif

Three players we have signed that I've never heard of so I'm neither downhearted or excited,I will wait and see what they are like

This argument has no resolution. It is possible to buy 'big name' players that are good or ones that are shit, it is possible to buy unknown players that are good or ones that are shit. We've been buying from both categories of shit in the last few years, let's hope that finally someone knows what they're doing.

Personally I think these players sound alright, cos their previous clubs' fans seem to like them. More McAuley than Low, I'm thinking.

I didn't mean argument in the heated sense. I meant the argument between the two points of view expressed on this thread about 'unknown' players.

I'd be more concerned if we'd signed three average Div 4/Conference players, but they do seem to be very highly thought of and have been performing well. Will they prove better than below average Championship players? Maybe.

Let's face it, we're in the Johnstone's "effing" Paint Trophy this season, so to have signed the player who was considered by some to be the best in the team that won the "effing" trophy can't be that terrible a move.

I'd be more concerned if we'd signed three average Div 4/Conference players, but they do seem to be very highly thought of and have been performing well. Will they prove better than below average Championship players? Maybe.

Let's face it, we're in the Johnstone's "effing" Paint Trophy this season, so to have signed the player who was considered by some to be the best in the team that won the "effing" trophy can't be that terrible a move.

Quite correct DF - assuming of course one's ambition is to win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. I was rather hoping myself that we wouldn't win that prestigious award mainly because of the embarrassment involved.

I think we will play the Reserves/Youth Team in the Johnstones Pain Thing anyway.

Thought there was a ruling against doing that?

There is. But there is also a similarly worded rule for the League Cup. How much notice do people take of that?

There is. But there is also a similarly worded rule for the League Cup. How much notice do people take of that?
I imagine that the people in the league cup that would wish to field a weakened side in the competition have significantly more clout with the organisers than the 'big fish' in the JPT. Can you imagine Man Utd or Arsenal being fined for a weakened side containing serveral multi-million pound youngsters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00