Nicky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if its there to be won, then win it.

I really hope the players have a different mentality to yourself, otherwise we wont win anything.

Not having a go at you.

I think you are absolutely right - but I still think that to be playing in the competition is an embarrassment.

Still I dare say there will be some anoraks amongst us getting themselves really excited at the prospect of standing on the terraces at some far flung outpost of professional football watching this garbage.
(Not having a go at you, of course)

I think you are absolutely right - but I still think that to be playing in the competition is an embarrassment.

Still I dare say there will be some anoraks amongst us getting themselves really excited at the prospect of standing on the terraces at some far flung outpost of professional football watching this garbage.
(Not having a go at you, of course)

Dont get me wrong, Im not excited at playing in the competition, not even looking forward to it, but if something is there to be won then go all out and win it. Like the old footballing saying, winning breeds confidence, the more we win the more the confidence rises and the more the fans enjoy the football and see something that hasnt been achieved at the Walkers for quite some time.

Maybe thats me living in a dream world, but thats me.

Dont get me wrong, Im not excited at playing in the competition, not even looking forward to it, but if something is there to be won then go all out and win it. Like the old footballing saying, winning breeds confidence, the more we win the more the confidence rises and the more the fans enjoy the football and see something that hasnt been achieved at the Walkers for quite some time.

Maybe thats me living in a dream world, but thats me.

My dream world would include many naked ladies, free lager, and a sweet like heaven, similar to Homer Simpson's candyland. Mmmmm... Johnstone's Paint Trophy

drooling_homer-712749.gif

We could easily get fined for fielding a weakened side in the Johnstone's "effeing" Paint Trophy just by fielding our normal team!

We could easily get fined for fielding a weakened side in the Johnstone's "effeing" Paint Trophy just by fielding our normal team!

Looking at the footballing pedigree of the sort of players we are now signing, I can well understand that they will see this trophy as a prestige event.

I was rather thinking that the embarrassment is with the fans - I mean those miserable old b-stard fans like me, who still want to pretend to themselves that Leicester City should have some standards

Looking at the footballing pedigree of the sort of players we are now signing, I can well understand that they will see this trophy as a prestige event.

I was rather thinking that the embarrassment is with the fans - I mean those miserable old b-stard fans like me, who still want to pretend to themselves that Leicester City should have some standards

Cheer up man!! How many of our best players came to us with pedigree?not many!

In the experience i have had as a leicester fan, the times when we have been most successfull are when we have sign up and coming players.

In response to you & DF, I fully realise how miserable I'm being about all this - but I don't see this as signing up and coming players.

I see it as replacing our few better players with lower league/ non-league players and likely leading to us remaining in the mire.

I can't suggest any alternatives because I can understand where the club is coming from and you may be right and I may be wrong - all will be revealed within just a few weeks now.

In response to you & DF, I fully realise how miserable I'm being about all this - but I don't see this as signing up and coming players.

I see it as replacing our few better players with lower league/ non-league players and likely leading to us remaining in the mire.

I can't suggest any alternatives because I can understand where the club is coming from and you may be right and I may be wrong - all will be revealed within just a few weeks now.

We have got to stop worrying about the next few weeks and start thinking about the next few years. There's been far too much short-term thinking.

Last edited:

I agree to some extent, i think the likes of clemence and oakley etc.. are better than we saw and would be very useful indeed in this and the championship.

Think you need both.

As someone approximately said - 'There are things we know; there are things we know we don't know and there are things we don't know about that we don't know'.

I know that if you sell your better players and buy lower league players you become a poorer side; I wouldn't know how good or bad these latest acquisitions are but if we are competing for signatures with the likes of Rochdale then i have a broad idea; I don't know if there are any plans to bring in any better quality players.

The question is will the team be better, you could have a group of stars but they wouldnt necessarily be a good team. Its a team sport.

basically if we start with a team of

logan

chambers tunchev ngotty a.n.other

gradel oakley clemence dyer/porter/adams

campbell fryatt/howard or hayles

subs; henderson, dodds, blah blah blah

we'll be pretty sh*t, no established city players or dazzling prospects, no great pace, no players with any great history at the club.

i'm slightly interested in how gradel, dyer, campbell and tunchev do in this league; it could really go either way, and i suppose that's the quandry that's been faced by Man City, Leeds, forest etc who have all had to go through this in the past 5 or so years.

good news being that they're all back in the prem....(oh, shit)

basically if we start with a team of

logan

chambers tunchev ngotty a.n.other

gradel oakley clemence dyer/porter/adams

campbell fryatt/howard or hayles

subs; henderson, dodds, blah blah blah

we'll be pretty sh*t, no established city players or dazzling prospects, no great pace, no players with any great history at the club.

i'm slightly interested in how gradel, dyer, campbell and tunchev do in this league; it could really go either way, and i suppose that's the quandry that's been faced by Man City, Leeds, forest etc who have all had to go through this in the past 5 or so years.

I'd say with Gradel, Dyer and Campbell you've got 3 of the fastest players in the division :102:

Leeds & Forest are in the Prem???
I must've missed that news, I really should pay more attention.

you'll notice the (oh shit) after the sentence, implying that we might not find it as easy as mandaric believes to climb two divisions in two years.

keep up Mack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00