Nicky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoooooooooo??!!??

I hear we have beaten off the mighty Rochdale for his services, what a bum-clenching moment that must have been waiting for him to decide where to go.

Can't complain with goals/assist ratio from last season though and certainly a change to see two midfielders come in that have scored almost 30 goals between them last season. Can't be far short of what we scored in total last season!! :icon_lol:

In old money, we have effectively signed two division four players and a conference player.

Thank you but reality is not welcome on this forum - had you been slightly more unkind you could have added including an out of contract Fourth Division player.

These signings are sad. It's almost sadder to hear people clutching at straws and deluding themselves that these are the right sort of players to take the club forward.

All that has happened is that MM has collected in the cash and we are replacing our better players with hand outs from the bottom of the bran tub.

All that has happened is that MM has collected in the cash and we are replacing our better players with hand outs from the bottom of the bran tub.

Let's see them play before we say they aren't any better than what went before.:102:

I still have to think of how I am going to spend my season ticket money. Its a nice thought.

Thank you but reality is not welcome on this forum - had you been slightly more unkind you could have added including an out of contract Fourth Division player.

These signings are sad. It's almost sadder to hear people clutching at straws and deluding themselves that these are the right sort of players to take the club forward.

Hardly surprising as our playing budget will be massively reduced this year, not so much because of relegation but because the last 2 seasons had a 4.5million injection from MM as the terms agreed with the club sale, no such 4.5million this year. Remembering as well before that the club were losing millions annually anyway. I am happy with the signings so far tho, I also prefer up and coming players to players past their peak.

Hardly surprising as our playing budget will be massively reduced this year, not so much because of relegation but because the last 2 seasons had a 4.5million injection from MM as the terms agreed with the club sale, no such 4.5million this year. Remembering as well before that the club were losing millions annually anyway. I am happy with the signings so far tho, I also prefer up and coming players to players past their peak.

I am not surprised in the slightest.

I agree that the club could not afford to have a large staff of high wage players - and accept the rough validity of what you say about losing money.

Given relegation and the financial consequences together with the lack of any realistic short to medium term prospect of a return to the riches of the Premiership together with the understandable financial discipline that MM will be following now - this is exactly what I expected.

Regretably, I don't think that any of the above helps on the football side and my take is that we are filling the vacant slots with low grade players who will most likely ensure we are a low grade club for some time. You buy lower league players for next to nothing and you become or remain a lower division team - this is incidentally far from the position when MON was paying good money to bring in players with big potential.

We shall soon see when the matches start whether my gloom is realistic or misplaced.

All I know is that there isn't likely to be a single player on the books by the start of the season who I'm likely to consider worth paying any money to watch.

Real doom and gloom Redditch, bloody hell, give them a chance! How do we know? How do we know how they're going to play? How do we know how NP's going to get them organised? How do we know what Nicky Adams is like? How do we know who else is going to leave before Aug 9th?

Let's try and hold off the sensational 'we're fecked' row for a little bit huh? It may be better.

I am not surprised in the slightest.

Regretably, I don't think that any of the above helps on the football side and my take is that we are filling the vacant slots with low grade players who will most likely ensure we are a low grade club for some time. You buy lower league players for next to nothing and you become or remain a lower division team - this is incidentally far from the position when MON was paying good money to bring in players with big potential.

We shall soon see when the matches start whether my gloom is realistic or misplaced.

All I know is that there isn't likely to be a single player on the books by the start of the season who I'm likely to consider worth paying any money to watch.

Not unlike what Brian Little did in the early 90's, though.
Give the new guys a chance before chastising them for fecks sake.

Real doom and gloom Redditch, bloody hell, give them a chance! How do we know? How do we know how they're going to play? How do we know how NP's going to get them organised? How do we know what Nicky Adams is like? How do we know who else is going to leave before Aug 9th?

Let's try and hold off the sensational 'we're fecked' row for a little bit huh? It may be better.

No one knows what the feck these johnnies are like until they kick a ball in anger in a Leicester City shirt (especially the nice new away strip - remember to buy yours this weekend, while stocks last)

But Taylor spent a lot of money on lower league players, with the inevitable consequence of the club ending up in a lower league, where the players belonged

Just hope we aren't repeating that dreadful mistake once again

I couldnt have been more angry and pi$$ed off than the last quarter of last season. We had bought in several so called 'name' players costing several million pounds in total and they fecking let me, the team, the club and thousands of supporters down by not playing anywhere near well enough and losing or drawing games because they did not have it in them to turn it around. Their 'names'. mean nothing to me. they suck and they can all feck off. I am pleased to see some real fresh young blood come in. Hopefully they will be 'hungry' enough to try harder than some of the feckless gits that turned out last season. They, along with some of the club's existing youngsters have a chance to make a difference and make a reputation. Yes its done on the cheap, but you cut your cloth etc. I'm cool with this but it is only my opinion.

No one knows what the feck these johnnies are like until they kick a ball in anger in a Leicester City shirt (especially the nice new away strip - remember to buy yours this weekend, while stocks last)

But Taylor spent a lot of money on lower league players, with the inevitable consequence of the club ending up in a lower league, where the players belonged

Just hope we aren't repeating that dreadful mistake once again

True but the step up from league 2 to league 1 is not as drastic as from championship to prem.

Lets hope these lads prove to be decent, i think we will see some old heads come in to.

True but the step up from league 2 to league 1 is not as drastic as from championship to prem.

Lets hope these lads prove to be decent, i think we will see some old heads come in to.

We still have some old heads!

Give the new guys a chance before chastising them for fecks sake.

I'm not chastising the individual players - just giving a view of the probable outcomes.

Unfortunately, I think I will prove to be correct, not because I'm particularly bright - but because it's fairly obvious.

We shall see. But don't expect all to be merry & bright come Christmas!

As someone approximately said - 'There are things we know; there are things we know we don't know and there are things we don't know about that we don't know'.

I know that if you sell your better players and buy lower league players you become a poorer side; I wouldn't know how good or bad these latest acquisitions are but if we are competing for signatures with the likes of Rochdale then i have a broad idea; I don't know if there are any plans to bring in any better quality players.

As someone approximately said - 'There are things we know; there are things we know we don't know and there are things we don't know about that we don't know'.

I know that if you sell your better players and buy lower league players you become a poorer side; I wouldn't know how good or bad these latest acquisitions are but if we are competing for signatures with the likes of Rochdale then i have a broad idea; I don't know if there are any plans to bring in any better quality players.

At present, the only player I am gutted to lose is MacAulay, Hume has great effort and ability, but is nowhere near the finished article IMO and Stearman was too hot & cold.

If the following all leave - Oakley, Howard, DJ, Kisnorbo, Mattock, Porter, Gradel.... And we replace them ALL with players out of contract at clubs akin to Bury, then I may share some of the gloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669