Nigel Pearson - Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would you of been inspired with then? I bet you cant name a good manager who we had a realistic chance of getting

You misunderstand. This appointment says most about the man who made the appointment. :icon_wink

We'll finish lower in the league next season than we did under Holloway. So whoever is in charge at the end of next season will have taken us to our lowest league finish ever.
Holloway has the record of making sure we start the following season in our lowest ever league position, I hope he holds that record forever.

Surely people who wanted IH out should be happy that we have anyone else and BMs who support our manager through thick and thin should now be supporting NP and therefore happy.

Surely people who wanted IH out should be happy that we have anyone else and BMs who support our manager through thick and thin should now be supporting NP and therefore happy.
Bang on.

So let's rejoice until November.

Hallelujah.

I don't know if I'll be able to forgive him when he reveals his first signing - Moore - on Monday.

If you haven't got a clue if he will be successful how do you know he'll be better than Holloway?

I base that on Holloway being totally hopeless; wrapped up in his own childish ego; being tactically unaware; being hopeless at getting the best out of our players and fixiated on appealing to the undiscerning supporter. The result being that we are now consigned to the margins of English football all achieved with playing resources that should have ensured at least a boring middle of the table position.

It would be fairly amazing to find anyone else whose full time profession is a football manager and who could do any worse. It's for these reasons that I expect Pearson to be better. As I say whether he will prove ultimately "successful" is another matter.

To coin a phrase - 'we are where we are'. I haven't got a lot of time for those who had hardly heard of him suddenly seeing him as a potential miracle worker - but i think he's as good as it gets given our plight.

Redditch, I consider you to be the polite version of my voice box :023:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670