nigel pearson is not from Dublin, Helsinki or Reykjavik

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry south

have the men in white coats come for nigel pearson because if he thinks the squard is go enough to get promoted then they bloody ought to have done.premier league his having a laugh” and im entitled to my opinion after all this is a forum is'nt it :093:

Re: nigel pearson

My guess is he might conceed we are not quite strong enough just yet. He will of course have a few people lined up to hopefully join us soon.

Don't get yourself too worked up Terry, try and get some sleep at this late hour and lay off the Babycham.

What's made Terrence such an angry man? I don't believe babycham makes anyone angry.

Why is this not work safe?

have the men in white coats come for nigel pearson because if he thinks the squard is go enough to get promoted then they bloody ought to have done.premier league his having a laugh” and im entitled to my opinion after all this is a forum is'nt it :093:

So who do you think we should sign? People might feel less inclined to take the piss if you backed up your dislike for Pearson with a reasonable argument.

*Waits for PEAR SON out tirade.*

Suggestion......one of your mods could create a folder entitled 'Stuff that should be on Foxestalk'.

I was a tad surprised to see him say this to be fair, the squad is certainly not upto promotion standard as it stands.

So who do you think we should sign? People might feel less inclined to take the piss if you backed up your dislike for Pearson with a reasonable argument.

*Waits for PEAR SON out tirade.*

Here's how to alienate both sides of an argument:

I do not like Nigel Pearson, but agree that Terry is a little bit too 'full on'; however, to take up your point, I am not in a position to make any reasonable suggestions as to whom Pearson, or any other manager should sign. Apart from the fact that everybody has their own views upon players and playing style, I do not know that Mr Pearson has not tried, and been rebuffed, in an attempt to sign the very player that I would criticise him for not purchasing.

My concern would be quite the reverse. Since coming to Leicester, he has spent £6 million - a pretty decent sum. We have Ben Marshall, who seems to be a bargain but, once you have said that.... Drinkwater and Morgan are far from the worst players ever to pull on a City shirt, but equally, are little more than average Championship players. de Leat appears to be of a similar standard and James is a youngster with regular injury problems whilst Vardy is a hugh risk: a 25 year old, who has never played League football.

I have supported City for many years and genuinely hope that Nigel Pearson shoves my doubts down my throat, with contempt, and an unbeaten run to Christmas that sees us almost guaranteed promotion before the new year. I just do not see the quality for that to be on the cards.

I do not like Nigel Pearson, but agree that Terry is a little bit too 'full on'; however, to take up your point, I am not in a position to make any reasonable suggestions as to whom Pearson, or any other manager should sign. Apart from the fact that everybody has their own views upon players and playing style, I do not know that Mr Pearson has not tried, and been rebuffed, in an attempt to sign the very player that I would criticise him for not purchasing.

My concern would be quite the reverse. Since coming to Leicester, he has spent £6 million - a pretty decent sum. We have Ben Marshall, who seems to be a bargain but, once you have said that.... Drinkwater and Morgan are far from the worst players ever to pull on a City shirt, but equally, are little more than average Championship players. de Leat appears to be of a similar standard and James is a youngster with regular injury problems whilst Vardy is a hugh risk: a 25 year old, who has never played League football.

I have supported City for many years and genuinely hope that Nigel Pearson shoves my doubts down my throat, with contempt, and an unbeaten run to Christmas that sees us almost guaranteed promotion before the new year. I just do not see the quality for that to be on the cards.

Schmeichel

De Laet
Morgan
St Ledger
Konchesky

Marshall
James/Danns
King/Drinkwater
Dyer/Vardy

Beckford
Nugent

Looks pretty strong to me. Anyone would say we are probably a winger and right back short of ideal but its hardly short on quality. We also need some strength in depth granted. Just doesn't look short of 'quality' to me.

Last edited:

We haven't played a game yet

And it's only feckin' JULY

I was a tad surprised to see him say this to be fair, the squad is certainly not upto promotion standard as it stands.

When did he say the squad as it stands is promotion standard?

This is what the BBC quoted him as saying: "By the time the season starts we will have a squad which will be capable of putting together a very good campaign"

Thanks for your reply, I guess thats how Terry feels about the matter too. I not sure why I asked who he thinks should be signed, that matter is far to subjective really.

Personally, I like Pearson. I trust his judgement and although the previous two years he spent weren't always astonishingly wonderful and he certainly made mistakes looking back, he exceeded everyones expectations and was 90 minutes of football away from delivering us to the Prem with quite an average team, organised very well. I believe he can do that again this year, with the right additions, a pre-season under his regime and a bit of patience from us.

I like the way he handles himself and the teams affairs, and I think the Mills saga, and the lack of knowledge therein, is testament to Pearson's ability to keep internal affairs private.

Like you, I'm prepared to accept the opposite of what I expect Pearson to produce.

N.P is yet to convince me but and its a big but, its far to early to draw any conclusions, there could yet be a couple of signings yet and a chance to put a strong team together,so ill wait and see.

Schmeichel

De Laet
Morgan
St Ledger
Konchesky

Marshall
James/Danns
King/Drinkwater
Dyer/Vardy

Beckford
Nugent

Looks pretty strong to me. Anyone would say we are probably a winger and right back short of ideal but its hardly short on quality. We also need some strength in depth granted. Just doesn't look short of 'quality' to me.

A lot of this "quality" will be shown by existing players (including at least 4 of the 5 still here who were part of NP's Mk1 Championship Play-off team), actually showing why SGE and NP paid the big bucks for them in the first place - something missing on the whole in the last couple of seasons.

I'm more expecting a few more leaving and a couple of loanees coming in rather than any more big signings, though admittedly we are short on a RB especially.

Last edited:

Schmeichel

De Laet
Morgan
St Ledger
Konchesky

Marshall
James/Danns
King/Drinkwater
Dyer/Vardy

Beckford
Nugent

Vardy left wing ?

It's really annoying me that there are no capitals in the thread title and I'm not usually even pedantic.

God knows how much it must annoy the pendants on here!
geT's riGhT 0n MY NERVeS wHen pE0pLe do'Nt use cApiTaL's aNd pUncTuaT10n pRoper,

It's really annoying me that there are no capitals in the thread title and I'm not usually even pedantic.

God knows how much it must annoy the pendants on here!

Fixed that for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570