Nigel Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.
NPs record in comparison with the other six managers that have been here for 200+ matches.

Name\Matches\Win%

1. Matt Gillies\508\39.6%
2. Peter Hodge\410\38.8%
3. Jimmy Bloomfield\285\29.8%
4. Willie Orr\242\42.2%
5. Nigel Pearson\239\51.0%
6. Norman Bullock\232\39.2%
7. Martin O'Neill\222\38.3%

Of all managers we've had for at least twenty games, the next highest win percentage to NP is Frank O'Farrell with 46.3%. Aside from FOF, none have achieved even 44%.

NP has managed us at our lowest level ever and all the above included games at the top level, so you can't use this to say how good/bad/indifferent he is in comparison. But it will be very interesting to see how his win percentage changes next season and how he copes with the different demands and challenges. If he survives the season (job wise!), he'll be the third longest serving manager in our history.

NPs record in comparison with the other six managers that have been here for 200+ matches.

Name\Matches\Win%

1. Matt Gillies\508\39.6%
2. Peter Hodge\410\38.8%
3. Jimmy Bloomfield\285\29.8%
4. Willie Orr\242\42.2%
5. Nigel Pearson\239\51.0%
6. Norman Bullock\232\39.2%
7. Martin O'Neill\222\38.3%

Of all managers we've had for at least twenty games, the next highest win percentage to NP is Frank O'Farrell with 46.3%. Aside from FOF, none have achieved even 44%.

NP has managed us at our lowest level ever and all the above included games at the top level, so you can't use this to say how good/bad/indifferent he is in comparison. But it will be very interesting to see how his win percentage changes next season and how he copes with the different demands and challenges. If he survives the season (job wise!), he'll be the third longest serving manager in our history.

Do these figures not include matches in both of his 'reigns'?

If we go up he'll also be the manager to receive the biggest promotion bonus in the history of the club :icon_bigg

The owners have patience I think that much is clear, you can see they are here for the long-haul and have made a long term investment in the club. I think by now they have learned that patience is the only way to success. If we get in the Prem, we will obviously be one of the favourites to get relegated. I think even then the owners will probably stick with Pearson. If the club is to stay in the Premier League, they'll need to make further investments on the playing side of things.

I'll just be delighted to have the season in the Premier League even if we do drop back down straight away! The good news is nobody expects much of you in the first season, so the shackles are off to play without fear even against the likes of Man U, Liverpool etc etc. I think our passing game will suit the Premier League but think we need to improve on the effectiveness of our offensive set pieces.

I suspect the 3 teams that went up last year probably spent £25+million on 10+ players each and did not keep the nucleus of a good team.

If Nigel can keep most of his first 11 and most of the 'bench' we will have an advantage as a team that knows how each other plays.

As a minimum keeping our current squad Nigel could probably get away with just 1 great striker, 1 great midfielder and 1 great defender.

I also think that our team going up is a much better team than any that have gone up since Newcastle 5 years ago.

Last edited:
As long as we nail Wasil down for another year I don't give a shit who we sign.

Love the bloke.

Marcin is beautiful and I love him very much.

I think we need to invest in the defence as a priority and also add another striker. I think the midfield 4 at the moment could cope

I think we need to invest in the defence as a priority and also add another striker. I think the midfield 4 at the moment could cope

A striker is a certainty, I'm not sure we would cope when Wood and Nugent go off on international duty.

Nominated for manager of the month once again, this time for March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46