Nigel sacked!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of months ago Paul Simpson was interviewed on Radio Cumbria, and said he wasn't interested in getting back into managing/coaching. A few weeks after that Carlisle sacked their manager and he applied for the job. Now he's gone to Derby as first team coach. I reckon the first thing he'll teach his players is how to do U turns.

Hopefully he replicates his Forest form for them and quite surprised they've got rid of Clough though he did come across as a huge tosser.

Don;t think I'd be too happy with this one though if I was a Derby fan and not sure why being an ex-Forest manager almost seems to be a prerequisite to be a Derby manager!

I'm glad they didn't get Tony Pulis cos I think he could have really improved them.

Has anyone ever been the manager of the sheep and f####t before?

:icon_wink

Last edited:
Has anyone ever been the manager of the sheep and f####t before?

:icon_wink

The other one never got to manage England though.

Last edited:
not sure why being an ex-Forest manager almost seems to be a prerequisite to be a Derby manager!

It's because those two clubs love each other really. They're like obsessive former lovers. The mutual hatred is really just hard-core flirting.

McClaren may well be a very good appointment for them. Sorry to say.

Should ensure that Derby don't get into contention for promotion this season: until Christmas, McClaren will be perfecting his Derbyshire accent! :icon_bigg

Should ensure that Derby don't get into contention for promotion this season

Derby have already stated that they are aiming for the next level. Their appointment will surely guarantee that and they will take their rightful place in League One next season.

can we wheel this out again?

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard he's signing Joey Barton, to get going on the "dodgy accent all stars" team

Dick Van Dyke up front, Ray Winstone in The Departed at centre-half and Sean Connery as a Russian Shub-marine commander on the wing

I think he'll do ok there, actually

But what do I know

It's because those two clubs love each other really. They're like obsessive former lovers. The mutual hatred is really just hard-core flirting.

McClaren may well be a very good appointment for them. Sorry to say.

Haha it is what I imagined too, almost like primary school kids!

Saddly I agree with you too on McClaren being potentially a good move. Bar his time at Forest and Wolfsberg, he's been very good and did fantastic at Middlesbrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669