Speculation Nikica Jelavic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Adam was shite in the SPL, that's why he ended up at Blackpool on loan.

Please find some reference to Adam having ever been described as a decent SPL player.

So we should look for someone who is crap in the SPL? I think we've tried that one before...

Carlos Cuellar is another "decent" player thaty comes to mind. And Kenny Miller, at this level.

Having seen Jelavic play for Rangers a few times I have to say he looked a class apart (albeit in the SPL).

My Rangers supporting mates also sing his praises.

Not sure if he is worth the money being quoted, but don't right him off just because he plays in Scotland.

It appears to me that Sven is hedging his bets and making several bids for numerous players hoping that one or two of them come off (whilst also showing they have options when it comes to negotiations with club and player/agent)

So we should look for someone who is crap in the SPL? I think we've tried that one before...

No, you tried to make a point that not all SPL players are crap by referring to Charlie Adam. I just explained that your example wasn't the best - Adam was a fringe player for Rangers and couldn't get a game, hence he was farmed out on loan.

Having seen Jelavic play for Rangers a few times I have to say he looked a class apart (albeit in the SPL).

My Rangers supporting mates also sing his praises.

Not sure if he is worth the money being quoted, but don't write him off just because he plays in Scotland.

It appears to me that Sven is hedging his bets and making several bids for numerous players hoping that one or two of them come off (whilst also showing they have options when it comes to negotiations with club and player/agent)

The legend that is Sol Bamba was trawled from a Scottish backwater.

Carlos Cuellar is another "decent" player thaty comes to mind. And Kenny Miller, at this level.

I would describe both Cuellar and Miller as more than decent at SPL level. Good, very good and so on. All I said was that a decent player at SPL level could well mean shit, didn't expect to have to explain that point ;)

@bbcsportsound followers spot Jelavic at Glasgow Airport. Is he away down south
to sign for a new club? A weekend break? Visiting his mum?

Closely followed by:

Seems some @bbcsportsound followers have had a humour by-pass today. Jelavic is obviously away on international duty. Lighten up guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669