Nils-Eric Johansson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johan said:
According to Swedish TV he has signed for LCFC.

For those who can read Swedish... http://www.svt.se/texttv/328.html

FOTBOLL Nils-Eric Johansson har
skrivit på för division 1-klubben
Leicester. Den gångna säsongen spelade
han för Blackburn i Premier League.

Thanks for that Johan. :038:

Nils-Eric Johansson
Nils-Eric Johansson Blackburn Rovers 2004/05 profile new kit
Nils-Eric Johansson
Squad Number: 14
Position: Defence
Place of Birth: Stockholm, Sweden
Date Of Birth: 13/ 01/ 1980
Height: 6'2
Weight: 13st 3lbs

This Season
Appearances: 28(5)
Goals: 0
Yellow Cards: 2
Red Cards: 0
Minutes on Pitch: 2191

Last edited:
No problem Steven. But when you quote me on the kids forum at least tell them it´s from the forum where the real LCFC fans are... ;-)

Nils-Eric Johansson

Nils-Eric JohanssonSquad Number: 14
Position: Defence
Place of Birth: Stockholm, Sweden
Date Of Birth: 13/ 01/ 1980
Height: 6'2
Weight: 13st 3lbs

This Season
Appearances: 28(5)
Goals: 0
Yellow Cards: 2
Red Cards: 0
Minutes on Pitch: 2191

Nils-Eric Johansson started his career at AK Solna in his native Sweden and quickly gained attention for the quality of his performances for the club. His reputation won him a move to Bayern Munich but his one season at the club passed without him making an appearance in the first team and he moved to Nurnburg in time to win a place for the 2000-2001 season.

The defender was ever-present for the struggling Bundesliga club during the campaign that saw them promoted to the German top division. The Sweden under-21 international, nicknamed 'Nisse', joined Blackburn on 4 October 2001.

He soon settled in at Rovers, making 36 appearances in his first season as a reliable member of the defence.

His enjoyed a great 2002/03 season, with the Swedish international continuing to get stronger, making over 40 appearances for his club. He looked set to remain a member of Souness' starting XI for years to come and will feel coming to England was definitely the right decision.

However it was not the case and he spent the majority of the 2003/04 and 2004/05 seasons on the bench, struggling to get in the team because of the likes of the competition. In May 2005 Rovers released him.

EWOOD EMALES: NILS-ERIC JOHANSSON

VERSATILE Swedish defender Nils-Eric Johansson tackles your e-mail questions this afternoon. The talented 24 year-old has forced himself back into the first team reckoning, a 'Swede dream' as far as he is concerned. Questions have been submitted via Rovers' official website www.rovers.co.uk.

Q: Hi, what does it feel like to play abroad, a long way from home?
Anon

Its' nice, you get to travel, see lots of places, have many experiences and make lots of new friends. I am very happy here. Being away from home, you miss your family but you have to get used to that.

Q: Hi Nissa. You've been playing really well lately. Do you feel better now you are back in the first team?
Anon

Of course, you are always happiest when you are playing. It is never easy being on the sidelines. As a professional footballer, all you want to do is play. Training is all about building up to a match and if you are not in the team it is disappointing.

Q: What do you see in your future, say five to ten years, both on a professional and personal level?
Kramar från kalla Sverige / Emelie, Sweden

Professionally, if all goes to plan, I will still be playing football somewhere, hopefully with Blackburn Rovers and we are doing well. If not with Rovers, I couldn't say. Socially, I am happy being young and single but you never know, do you?

Q: Nissa, you are one of my favourite players, but when will you be getting a haircut?
Emily Scott, Preston

Emily, you are not the first to ask me that but I like it quite long, it's fun. I don't know the answer, maybe next week, maybe next year!

Q: Nils, who is the toughest attacker you have ever come up against in your whole career?
Damien Parker, age 14, Accrington

There are lots out there and all games are tough when you come up against players like Thierry Henry, Ruud Van Nistelrooy and the rest. But probably the toughest was Les Ferdinand. He is quick, strong, powerful in the air and causes big problems. I felt very tired after playing against Les.

Q: How is Morten doing in training, do you understand his dialect and what is he like as a player?
Hasse, Karlskrona, Sverige!

He is doing better and better, it's always hard to move away from home and it takes time to settle into new ways. He is a good player. As for his dialect - no!

Q: HI Nissa, do you think this is your best start to the season so far?
Phil From Newcastle

I thought I did quite well the first two years I was here and then I I got left out quite a bit. I don't know, it's not for me to say. I'm just feeling good and happy to be given the chances to play and be involved.

Q: You have played at centre back and left back for Rovers this season, which is your preferred position?
Jimmy Scholes, Heysham

Striker, that's my favourite, but they refuse to pick me there. I can't understand why. I know they all say it, but I'm happy to play anywhere as long as I can be in the team, and it's true.

Q: Hi Nissa, Do you have any pre-match rituals, or are you not very superstitious?
Marcus Raymond (13 ) Chorley

If I do, I don't know about them. I don't believe in superstitions.

What does it feel like to play in one of the best leagues in the world?
From Marcus Raymond ( 13 ) Chorley

It is a very special league and watched by millions all over the world and there is always a fantastic atmosphere. But football is '11 v 11' wherever you are and it's important to stay focused. It's great experience.

Who has been the biggest influence on you in football?
Sarah Lynch - Preston

I have been lucky to have had lots of good coaches, in Sweden through the youth system, in Germany, especially at Bayern Munich and in England. They have all made an impact.

What's the best match you have ever played in?
Anon

The Worthington Cup Final, everything about it and it's the only time I have won anything at a high level. I won promotion to the Bundesliga with Nurnberg which was good, but Cardiff 2002 was absolutely fantastic!

What would be your best Christmas present?
Anon

To be with my family over the holiday, I used to get a winter football break, but it doesn't happen in England so I have not been home at this time in four years. Also snow would be very nice at this time of year, I am used to that.

Cunning Fox said:
Nils Eric Johansson to City !
02.07.2005 - The Cunning Fox

According to Swedish website svt.se Blackburn's released defender Nils Eric Johansson has accepted terms with Leicester City. "Nisse" is a Swedish international with a difficult time behind him at Ewood Park.

Rob Kelly knows this lad from the past and he played a lot in the reserves. At the same time he has managed to be involved at international level. Joined Blackburn from Nuremberg back in 2001 and has since then played 86 league games.

Nisse is a good player and can operate both at left back and central defence. He was brought up in Bayern Munich and he played twice for the German giants before he moved to Nuremburg.

He's been capped four times and he has been in and out of the Swedish squad in the past four years. A good player with Premiership quality. Looks as a good signing and hopefully he can be a succesfull player at City.

Still only 25 and a very interesting signing.

Source

While I think this whole thread should be in Homer's Targets, I would still like to say how excited I am by the prospect of this signing.

From planetfootball.com

Leicester City may be set to bolster their backline with the capture of former Blackburn Rovers defender Nils-Eric Johansson.
The Sweden international is looking for pastures new following his release from Ewood Park back in May.
The former Nurnberg player turned down a move to Leeds United while Championship rivals Stoke City were also linked with the player, though that was before Tony Pulis was sacked as Potters manager last week.
Foxes boss Craig Levein has stated that he may sign two more players by the end of this week, with the former Hearts manager thought to be keen on adding another defender to his Walkers Stadium squad.
Reports in England are suggesting that Johansson will complete a free transfer move and sign a three-year contract with the Midlands club. It remains to be seen if the Scandinavian talent opts to continue his career with Leicester, as Levein looks for his side to make a stronger push for promotion this season.

we keep on trying to sign the same players as stoke!

Last edited:
Living in the NW I know a lot of Blackburn fans. 90% I spoke to about him say he would do a decent job provided we dont play him at left back(where he was continually overrun in the Prem), at 13 stone that did not surprise me!!

At least he is strong and left footed(memories of Walshy and Gerry).

Hope he turns out half as popular and we sign a quicker full back

He is/would be a smashing signing , from what ive seen of him he looks more suited to a CB role. He is built like a brick shithouse , and like dpjfox said he may even turn out to be Gerry number 2! :)

should be a good signing in my opinion. If nothing else he will offer a left sided option to the defence both in the middle and at full back, and unless Wilcox relives his Blackburn glory days from 95-96 that can only be a good thing.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
a few suspensions could be looming then

Only 2 yellow cards in 33 games last season seems to suggest otherwise.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
well done you 2 put me back in my place

insert joke re women and place here i.e. place/kitchen sink etc. Although i understand that YV`s place is in the stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669