Nintendo Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks cracking fun, I can imagine it bored during Xmas...get out the Wii and look a twat swinging and stuff.

Great laughter by all.

Nearly as good as when I got out my cousins dancemat, the ceiling nearly caved with me doing a up, down, down, right move to Word Up by Cameo.

Saw all the sad bastards queing up for this in ASDA at about 21:30 last night.

I tried to queue up at the CD counter and some little geek came up to me and said,

"Oi mate this is the Wii waiting area you have to use the main tills because we have been queueing for 5 hours"

Sad little twat.:icon_roll

He was waiting by the CD's for 5 hours for a Wii? He should have queued outside the toilet. Silly fecker.

I should have said CD and gaming counter.There was a queue of about 50 people.

When I first walked in I thought Asda were showing Christmas genorosity by allowing a load of homeless some warmth for the night.
They looked like a right bunch of gilberts.

I must say I'm loving this at the moment - so far - Red Steel takes some getting used to - quite sensitive, but it does get more engrossing the more it goes on.. wii sports is very arcade-style the way it comes across.. touches of Sega there.. good stuff, same can be said for Wii Play to some extenent.. both these games use the rather hilarious 'Mii' feature where you make a cartoon version of yourself and play these games with those characters - you can even send your 'Mii' creations to people on your friends list..

I managed to conjure up a naff Super Mario Mii.. next attempt will probably be jesus christ himself...

Then there's Zelda - this game apparantly takes some few hours before it really gets going which I can understand having played previous Zelda games. But it's good so far.. possibly the best graphics I've seen for Wii so far.. I'm quite keen now on getting an HDTV and the component cable you can buy separately for the Wii...

Does the Wii work in HD, as far as i was aware it isn't a high-res console.

It is not a HD console.

A HDTV would upscale it but it would not be a patch on the 360 or the PS3 when released.

The Wii is interesting but the 360 is meeting my addiction at the moment, I can't afford two run two consoles :icon_eek:

Shaun, Red Steel has got some very medicore reviews across the board, hows it shaping up? have you played Call of Duty 3 on the Wii?

It is not a HD console.

A HDTV would upscale it but it would not be a patch on the 360 or the PS3 when released.

The Wii is interesting but the 360 is meeting my addiction at the moment, I can't afford two run two consoles :icon_eek:

Actually.. it is a HD console.. except you need the 'component cable' which is available separately (I don't know exactly when it comes out but I believe it's next week)

As far as Red Steel goes - when I first started it it was really naff, but it gets better quite fast - you need a really steady hand basically as the controls are very sensitive for this game..

I like all the games I've got so far but what I really can't wait for is Metroid 3 and Smash Bros.

If anyone has a Wii and is online with it, let me know what your Wii Friends Code is and I'll add you to my buddies list :thumbs_up

I've had people sending me cartoon versions of Arnold Schwarzennegar and the like - what's even better is they appear on Wii Sports playing bowling, baseball etc..

I'm sure it is - there is a special cable coming out which will allow you to play it through HDTV. It just doesn't come HD as standard..
There is much much more to HD than a cable. As far as I have read the wii doesn't support HD at all.

If it did, I'm sure the cable would be part of the package

There is much much more to HD than a cable. As far as I have read the wii doesn't support HD at all.

I don't know - the cable id esigned for use with HD TVs I know this for definate - I think it's the component cable.. I don't know why it's being released separate - perhaps just a way to make more money.. :102:

I don't know - the cable id esigned for use with HD TVs I know this for definate - I think it's the component cable.. I don't know why it's being released separate - perhaps just a way to make more money.. :102:

If you have a HD TV using the right cable will give you the best picture you can get with the wii, but it won't be a HD picture.

My DVD player has component outputs, it doesnt make it Hi-Def. The 360 on a hidef screen is superb.

Ive just seen the adverts for the wii and looks superb!!! I may get one evetually, probably 3 years time knowing me!!!

My DVD player has component outputs, it doesnt make it Hi-Def. The 360 on a hidef screen is superb.

possibly not worth me getting a HDTV then :icon_bigg I was considering it..

as I type this the rather nifty neon blue light has come on - I've got Wii-mail :icon_lol

I also might add I reckon Zelda is getting friggin' superb - I don't know if anyone played Ocarina Of Time for the 64 but it's shaping up to better even that :thumbs_up - I'm about 8 hours in..

The playstation 3 will come WITHOUT a cable as part of the package... SHODDY!

The playstation 3 will come WITHOUT a cable as part of the package... SHODDY!
That's bloody terrible. The cable will cost them pence to produce (or buy in). It's sooooo important to offer a complete package to the consumer, especially when we are talking in the region of £500. As you say Babs, shoddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00