Nintendo Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.
is anyone here actually going to bother wasting money on a ps3

Not straight away... i'll see what the reviews are like. If they are good i'll wait a year so I can can pick up the console and some games on the cheap.

Not straight away... I can can pick up the console and some games on the cheap.

What?

Are you going to break into someones house and steal one :icon_lol:

My 360 meets my gaming needs, I don't need another overpriced DVD player.

The reviews on IGN for the PS3 were not that great :102:

is anyone here actually going to bother wasting money on a ps3

I'm not.. although nothing to do with the cables thing - I don't think either of the three next gen consoles now have/will support HD from the off.. if I remember rightly, you had to buy VGA cables or something separately when the 360 was released..

I don't know - I'm no good with cables, I don't even know whether it'll be worth me buying an HD TV =/

I'm not.. although nothing to do with the cables thing - I don't think either of the three next gen consoles now have/will support HD from the off.. if I remember rightly, you had to buy VGA cables or something separately when the 360 was released..

I don't know - I'm no good with cables, I don't even know whether it'll be worth me buying an HD TV =/
the premium comes with hd cables the core doesn't

The Wii is not a HD console, it will not display graphics in High Defenition like the 360. The only advantage to buying a better cable and playing on a HD tv will be better picture quality, not HD graphics!

...still cant wait for a wii though!!

What type of lead connects the Wii to the tele? Component or Scart?

My mrs wants one, but I won't get it if I have to keep unplugging the Xbox

Bang it on the telly in the kids room Melts, then you wont have to even listen to her and you cna still cane the Xbox :)

Bang it on the telly in the kids room Melts, then you wont have to even listen to her and you cna still cane the Xbox :)
That's what I suggested, it didn't go down too well :icon_lol:

That's what I suggested, it didn't go down too well :icon_lol:

That is the problem Melts you only suggested, expalin the technical reason why your HDTV is for your 360 only as the Wii is not HD and would not look very good on it.

She will give in, I'm sure :icon_lol:

That is the problem Melts you only suggested, expalin the technical reason why your HDTV is for your 360 only as the Wii is not HD and would not look very good on it.

She will give in, I'm sure :icon_lol:
Yep, like she'll understand perfectly what I'm talking about.

All she cares about is playing the game on a 42" tele on the wall as opposed to a 32" tele on a stand.

I have to agree with her though, the Wii is something you need to stand up to do, (although a bird may prefer to sit down for the Wii :icon_wink ), it's much better for the tele to be on the wall

Last edited:
Having trouble finding a console before xmas, will scour the shops on friday but at the moment not filled with much hope...
Any suggestions? (Apart from spending shitloads on eBay!)

Have you tried calling game.co.uk. A few of the shops have them in stock.

My local GAME's have different views, one says no more stock till january, the other says keep calling in each morning incase they get more stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669