No More Swearing in the Family Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on Bentleys Roof and wondered what people's thoughts are:-

No! **** off Mawhinney

FOOTBALL LEAGUE FANS URGED TO ‘ENJOY THE MATCH’

The Football League has launched a new campaign, for the 2008/09 season, aimed at encouraging even more families to attend matches at their local League club.

The 'Enjoy the Match' campaign aims to ensure parents can take their children to matches in a family friendly environment. It will focus on removing abusive language and aggressive behaviour from family areas.

Each participating club will proactively steward family areas and display prominent signage discouraging ant-social behaviour. Additionally, clubs will play a PA announcement, voiced by local children, to encourage positive support before each match.

In the run-up to the new season each club’s manager and playing staff will be will be underlining their support by signing a pledge board which will be displayed in the family area of the ground. Supporters are being encouraged to show their support for the campaign by signing the online pledge at www.enjoythematch.co.uk.

The Football League is supporting the campaign with a range of club guidance & resources, matchday programme ads, viral video and a promotional campaign.

Enjoy the Match has been introduced following a 'mystery shopper' exercise staged at all 72 League grounds last season. This exercise revealed that swearing formed a key negative impression on families at 46% of the 144 games assessed.

In launching 'Enjoy the Match' Football League Chairman, Lord Mawhinney, said:

'Young supporters will be the lifeblood of our clubs in years to come. It is therefore vitally important that we encourage more parents to bring their children into our grounds by creating a vibrant, family friendly atmosphere at all matches.'

Another load of old bollocks if you ask me. Firstly if they do not want any aggression in the Family Enclosure then don't put it directly next to away fans!! Also can you imagine a group of stewards dragging out a bloke for saying "That's ****ing shit again Campbell" with his 4yr old in tow. Yet more political crap infesting the working mans game!! :bang::bang:

I swear at football matches so i stand in L1, if i take my nephew to the game i go in the family stand where i dont want to hear any swearing.

Pretty simple really.

**** that

Great first move. Smoking has more or less been dealt with - lets get on to those other two antisocial blights of public places: swearing and dogs :icon_wink

Great first move. Smoking has more or less been dealt with - lets get on to those other two antisocial blights of public places: swearing and dogs :icon_wink

I think in this day and age banning ugly women from a sports stadia would be deemed inappropriate, but i like your thinking.

"This exercise revealed that swearing formed a key negative impression on families at 46% of the 144 games assessed."

Well they should bloody well go and do something else then. Brian Mawhinney is one of the most unsavoury, slimy little turds currently walking the earth, his opinions are valueless.

"This exercise revealed that swearing formed a key negative impression on families at 46% of the 144 games assessed."

Well they should bloody well go and do something else then. Brian Mawhinney is one of the most unsavoury, slimy little turds currently walking the earth, his opinions are valueless.

which suggests that 56% dont mind it, what happened to going with the majority?

There are lots of things wrong with our beautuful game. My view is that swearing by fans is not in the top 50.

There's nothing wrong with dogs that a decent owner with a ready supply of plastic bags can't cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669