No More Swearing in the Family Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree and i admit ive not heard any language in the family stand whenever ive took my nephew

I'm not normally that bothered, TBH, but there was some right wanker in there on Sat'day. Not even swearing at the football but bellowing down the phone to some mate whose name seemed to be C***, judging by the number of times he said.

Dont know why you should think there are any more "BM's" in L1 than any other part of the ground? :102:

I am sure they are everywhere. More concentrated in that corner IMO and from an observational point of view. It doesn't really matter though. It still remains that it is political nonsense that cannot possibly be enforced. If you swear constantly at the football with your kids in tow then you are a bit of an arse. If however you were like me and had a few choice words for Fryatt when he missed a sitter against Colchester last season then you are perfectly normal, hust frustrated. If the law was to be enforced then half of the family stand would have gone.

Firstly if they do not want any aggression in the Family Enclosure then don't put it directly next to away fans!!
As far as I'm aware, it isn't next to the away fans, and probably never has been.

This is about common sense and decency, not football. Any self respecting adult will watch their language around children.

However, just like in real life there will be moments where that control is pushed to the limit, and some may cross that barrier into the realms of foul language. During the course of the match conversation, I won't swear, I make conscious effort not too. Having four children of my own, it almost becomes second nature not to swear around children. However, I have been know to mumble "For F**k's sake" as Iain Hume blasts over from 16cm.

If some unsavoury person is just sat there effing and blinding throughout the course of the game, he should be ejected and seated somewhere else.

People must take responsibility for their own actions. Adults must make an effort to control their language in the Family Stand, but the Family Stand must acknowledge that during the course of an adrenaline filled football match, the odd expletive will spill out.

Another example of us not not being allowed to let common sense rule our actions.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware, it isn't next to the away fans, and probably never has been.

This is about common sense and decency, not football. Any self respecting adult will watch their language around children.

However, just like in real life there will be moments where that control is pushed to the limit, and some may cross that barrier into the realms of foul language. During the course of the match conversation, I won't swear, I make conscious effort not too. Having four children of my own, it almost becomes second nature not to swear around children. However, I have been know to mumble "For F**k's sake" as Iain Hume blasts over from 16cm.

If some unsavoury person is just sat there effing and blinding throughout the course of the game, he should be ejected and seated somewhere else.

People must take responsibility for their own actions. Adults must make an effort to control their language in the Family Stand, but the Family Stand must acknowledge that during the course of an adrenaline filled football match, the odd expletive will spill out.

Another example of us not not being allowed to let common sense rule our actions.

Absolutely agree with you - apart from the last sentence. I see this as simply reinforcing the "norm" that you describe (and hopefully most people using the family stand adhere to) and making it clear that people like the "odd unsavoury character" you refer to are not welcome there and should not be surprised if they are pulled up.

That after all was the intention when family areas were first set up, and, while it might be a sad reflection on where we are that a reminder about what should be accepted standards is needed, I think it's good that clubs are doing it.

Agreed

Nice idea but completely unrealistic.

bit like world Peace.

I don't want my 5-year-old son to experience swearing at the football if I am honest, given the choice I don't want aggression around him on the terrace either really.

Reading some posts on here, I think some "fans" need to come down from their moral ground.
The purpose of the "family" enclosure is exactly that, for families. You take your family along, knowing that that part of the ground should be a safe environment.

If you think you can't help yourself from swearing in front of children, then maybe you should take a good look at yourself and stop blaming the world!

Reading some posts on here, I think some "fans" need to come down from their moral ground.
The purpose of the "family" enclosure is exactly that, for families. You take your family along, knowing that that part of the ground should be a safe environment.

If you think you can't help yourself from swearing in front of children, then maybe you should take a good look at yourself and stop blaming the world!

:038::038::038::038:

I have tourettes but don't want my children subjected to the kind of language in the other stands. where does that leave me?

They'll be telling people in wheelchairs to sit in row ZZ next.

But what happens when most of the ground start singing 'the referee's a wanker' or when the opposition have a goal kick which is met by 'ooooooooooooooh, you're shit arrrrrgghhhhhh' or when a lot of other chants are put in to practice at football grounds??

The poor little children in the Family Stand will still be able to hear the horrible, evil swearing which makes it a bit pointless IMO. Also, whoever made the comment about stopping the players swearing first is bang on, I think a child hearing/seeing on of their idols swearing is going to encourage them to swear a lot more than just some random nobody.

And the child reading a message out before kick-off is completely pointless too.

And the even more pointless thing about it is being only enforced throughout the football league when I would hazard a guess that the Premiership has about the same amount of fans attend games in a week than the whole of the football league!!

I sat in the old north stand yeahs ago at filbo when it was dubbed the 'family stand' and the atmos was shite (1-1 draw with Arsenal, think it was 96). I vowed to myself to never return to any family enclosure at any match -Leicester or otherwise. 100's of kids screaming at the players (and swearing) and running around everywhere at half time or when play is slow. Not my idea of watching a footy match.
So a ban on swearing in that end of the ground wouldn't bother this **** cos im never gonna ****ing sit there!

But what happens when most of the ground start singing 'the referee's a wanker' or when the opposition have a goal kick which is met by 'ooooooooooooooh, you're shit arrrrrgghhhhhh' or when a lot of other chants are put in to practice at football grounds??

The poor little children in the Family Stand will still be able to hear the horrible, evil swearing which makes it a bit pointless IMO. Also, whoever made the comment about stopping the players swearing first is bang on, I think a child hearing/seeing on of their idols swearing is going to encourage them to swear a lot more than just some random nobody.

And the child reading a message out before kick-off is completely pointless too.
And the even more pointless thing about it is being only enforced throughout the football league when I would hazard a guess that the Premiership has about the same amount of fans attend games in a week than the whole of the football league!!

thats part of the "drive the fans crazy before the game kicks off" initive, that along with the ridiculous hand shaking presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669