No news is bad news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bored,bored, bored

What happen to all the big signings we expected? I have heard several comments from people that it is due to various members of staff being on Holiday but I am not so sure...

Firstly the media attention has dried up totally..Ok most of it is bullsh**T but it what keeps a supporter alive in the close season and as for increase season ticket sales...waiting the last minute to sign players is not so good either..

Does anyone know when the players report back for training? surely that is the date we must have the squad in place to start prepirations.

Secondly the clubs ambitions..."to hopefully make the play offs" Ok We have expected greater things before and then been relegated....this points to me to expect a few loanies and spend later if required attitude

As for Simon Cox. Celtic ,as far as I am aware are without a manager. So the likelyhood of them signing him at the moment is about Zero...So why don't we strike while the IRONS hot? If He is so important why has everone gone on Holiday?

It really alarms me to see Clubs like Derby,Forest, Doncaster etc talking about signing players for millions of pounds.

And finally am I the only one who actually enjoyed the MAD DOG BLOG...ok loads of bull about flowers and mars bars etc..but at least it was interesting...bring it back and keep the supporters informed...I check out the OS everyday with disapointment...boring,boring,boring

What happen to all the big signings we expected?

We have signed more players this summer than we usually have by this time of the year.

This time last year we didn't have a manager.

The year before that Martin Allen was in charge, but he'd only made two signings, Cort and Nielsen. Most of his signings came in July and August.

The year before that we'd only signed one player by now, Gareth McAuley.

It really alarms me to see Clubs like Derby,Forest, Doncaster etc talking about signing players for millions of pounds.

Our club has also talked about signing Simon Cox and that Doncaster bloke for millions of pounds.

Have said clubs actually signed anybody?

dear swede,
players and agents are on holiday by and large (the ones requiring transfer fees anyway). The only ones sticking around are released players without a club and without a contract available on free transfers.
Watch out for much increased activity probably in July.

Last edited:
I have heard a strong rumour that Frank Sinclair is making a sensational comeback and it may be announced today.

I can't believe pre-season makes people this bored and bothered. Surely you have other things in your life than football?

I can't believe pre-season makes people this bored and bothered. Surely you have other things in your life than football?

I think the internet's to blame.

In the past we used to just forget about football until we saw a picture of the players running through Bradgate Park on the back of the Mockery. There was very little media interest in football once the season had finished.

A lot of prem contracts expire 1st of july, so if ya want decent players thats when. Some champ contracts finish 1st of June but if signed from a prem team these players would also be 1st of july.....

WAIT!!! and SHUSH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670