no standing

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, other than the fact that it is still currently illegal, is there an actual reason why "safe" standing areas can't come back? I know it's been tried successfully in a few places.

Because the pen pushing do gooders hate football fans.

Ah yes, that'll be the reason...

The probelm is that the regulations affecting the stepness for ''all-seater'' stadiums is too steep to introduce safe standing. So with every club currently changing to ''all-seater'', it would mean grounds being knocked down and restarted to develop safe terrace areas.

The probelm is that the regulations affecting the stepness for ''all-seater'' stadiums is too steep to introduce safe standing.

I beg your pardon :icon_bigg Bit of a tongue twister.

Last edited:
yes it is

The probelm is that the regulations affecting the stepness for ''all-seater'' stadiums is too steep to introduce safe standing. So with every club currently changing to ''all-seater'', it would mean grounds being knocked down and restarted to develop safe terrace areas.
Call me old fashioned, but I don't often feel like I'm in great danger whilst standing in a football ground.

OK, Hillsborough was awfull (two of my friends died that day) but it was a very specific set of circumstances that led to that tragedy, most of which was related to overcrowding and piss poor policing rather than people standing up.

If they fenced off an area in the Walkers and let people stand in it, how dangerous could that be? I mean, really? :102: It all seems a bit silly to me...

I'm off to the cinema on Saturday, and I am going to stand there. It does not say anywhere on the cinema website that I have to sit.

anyone that stands at matches should be shot, thats my opinion :)

Last edited:
anyone that stands at matches should be shot, thats my opinion :)
& perfectly valid. So long as they are shot from long distance by a sniper right between the eyes, in such a way that they fall back into their seat with their eyes still open and a trickle of blood from the wound running down between the eyes

& perfectly valid. So long as they are shot from long distance by a sniper right between the eyes, in such a way that they fall back into their seat with their eyes still open and a trickle of blood from the wound running down between the eyes

but close enough to me so i can see the blood. far enough so that i don't get caught by mistake though. shooting people at football, can you remember those days? THOSE were the days!

edit: idiot speak again

Last edited:

but close enough to me so i can see the blood. far enough so that i don't get caught by mistake though. shooting people at football, can you remember those days? THOSE were the days!

edit: idiot speak again

you two play too much XBOX 360 :icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll :) :icon_lol:

:icon_roll

Will be the first time I have been to a home game since the infamous Block N has been introduced! Should I bring me earplugs as I am going to be hearing a deafening volume of noise being omitted from the Northern regions of the stadium?

Will be the first time I have been to a home game since the infamous Block N has been introduced! Should I bring me earplugs as I am going to be hearing a deafening volume of noise being omitted from the Northern regions of the stadium?

well did you hear anything from them?

well did you hear anything from them?

What from the 3 people standing to the left of the away fans! You must be having a laff - I bet they herd me fart at half time though as I guarantee that it was louder than the noise they were making!

N Block needs some real planning, if there is going to be a 'singing section' then just bang it in the bloody kop instead of having small pockets of fans trying to create an atmosphere in different places of the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669