No Yak For Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is getting a bit farcical now, it's just six of one and half a dozen of the other. I'd love Yakubu to sign for us, but if he really wanted to come back here then he wouldn't be holding us to ransom like this. I remember last season when he was interviewed by that bint from East Midlands Today when he claimed he didn't care about how much money he earnt and it wasn't important to him. Obviously not!

This is getting a bit farcical now, it's just six of one and half a dozen of the other. I'd love Yakubu to sign for us, but if he really wanted to come back here then he wouldn't be holding us to ransom like this. I remember last season when he was interviewed by that bint from East Midlands Today when he claimed he didn't care about how much money he earnt and it wasn't important to him. Obviously not!

Well to be fair I can't imagine him saying on TV, "actually, I am going to hold out for the full monty on wages, I have no intention of giving up any of my current income just becuase Leicester are a Championship tea, the Thai owners are loaded man". I'm sure I wouldnt give up 5 or 10 grand a week without a bit of a scuffle.

Last edited:
How much say do the agents have in these deals?

How much say do the agents have in these deals?

A hell of a lot, that's what they are paid for. Remember that not only does the wages of the player have to be settled but also the fee the agent will be paid by the club.

I think that where ever he goes he will be a disappointment.

No question about his ability but clearly Everton got fed up with him and I don't think he will put in a shift on a regular basis.

On a wider front there seems to be a bit of a gap emerging between us talking big about the sort of players who the owners will bring to the club and reality. It's still fairly early days of course but it doesn't seem to me that things are shaping up particularly well.

I appreciate that we don't actually play any games in the middle of June - but if the playing strength isn't very different in a month's time then talk about ambition and spending power won't sound so healthy.

The packing of the team of young loaness didn't work . Bruma is a classic example. I think he will probably become a top player for a top club.....but he didn't do us much good in acquiring crucial match time experience.

Any club/agent who suspects the buying club of having a lot of money, 'The Thai owners have said Sven can have what it takes to get us promoted', are going to try to hold us to ransom.

Maybe Sven after reviewing The Yak's performances, not just his goals, has decided he might be worth £20k a week, but not £50k a week.

I completely agree with you, Redditch. I am beginning to get concerned about the calibre of proposed signings and I hope that the Yak deal is dead. Talk about £10m being available for transfers is nonsense. The owners will try to get promotion on a lesser budget and that may be no bad thing, especially if Sven can get better team performances out of the squad.

Any club/agent who suspects the buying club of having a lot of money, 'The Thai owners have said Sven can have what it takes to get us promoted', are going to try to hold us to ransom.

Maybe Sven after reviewing The Yak's performances, not just his goals, has decided he might be worth £20k a week, but not £50k a week.

Sven would be right to think that.

Unfortunately, I can't believe that the owners are minded to plough in limitless resources but I wouldn't know to what extent agents will try to milk the probably wildly inaccurate press reports.

My guess is that several Championship clubs will go into the new season much better financially resourced than us and that we are starting from a fairly weak base in terms of our current squad strength to have a serious chance of challenging for promotion. The good thing is that we won't have too long to wait now to see where reality ends and fantasy begins.

On a wider front there seems to be a bit of a gap emerging between us talking big about the sort of players who the owners will bring to the club and reality. It's still fairly early days of course but it doesn't seem to me that things are shaping up particularly well.

I completely agree with you, Redditch. I am beginning to get concerned about the calibre of proposed signings and I hope that the Yak deal is dead. Talk about £10m being available for transfers is nonsense. The owners will try to get promotion on a lesser budget and that may be no bad thing, especially if Sven can get better team performances out of the squad.

Please may I BM? Thanks

It's......

****ing........

JUNE!!!!!

I completely agree with you, Redditch. I am beginning to get concerned about the calibre of proposed signings

Why don't you just calm down a bit and wait until we have actually signed someone for real, rather than witter on about supposed names from the made-up world of rumour and speculation

I'm sure there will be plenty to moan about when players are actually signed, without moaning about who the press say we may be signing

Forget about the Yak there are better way for us to spend our money on a striker. Let's look at the success last season - young hungry strikers such as Sinclair or proven journeymen like Holt. Maybe Nugent is somewhere between the two - I like Alan Young's comment today that class never goes away - Nugent has that and with good man management can regain confidence and score 20 goals a season. Take the money from the Yak and spend it on a goalkeeper and a couple of strong defenders. No point scoring 2 every game if you let in 3.....or what do I know living in the USA !

I'm sure there will be plenty to moan about when players are actually signed, without moaning about who the press say we may be signing

Unfortunately. That could be the case. Anyway, as I said, it won't be too long before all will be clarified.....except of course if Sven chooses to drip feeds loaness into the squad as an alternative to making costly long term commitments.

No point scoring 2 every game if you let in 3.....or what do I know living in the USA !

You know enough to recognise that the numbers of goals conceded last season through not having a viable keeper on the books plus a very inexperienced defence generally made our position next to impossible.

Why don't you just calm down a bit and wait until we have actually signed someone for real, rather than witter on about supposed names from the made-up world of rumour and speculation

Praise Jebus :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670