Non urgent support

Status
Not open for further replies.

From Gradel to Grave

Not sure where to put this. (mods feel free to move)

Don't worry I'm not going to do a jo_ and bombard you all with easily googleable questions in threads! :icon_bigg

My acer laptop has developed keyboard problems within the year guarantee and I need to return it to their technical support team near Plymouth.

They have very specific instructions on carriage:

It must be a new box as they shred boxes on receipt
It needs to be bigger than the box it came in so there is room for the bubble wrap
It needs to be surrounded by 5cm bubble wrap

I'm not sure where to get the necessary materials and obviously want to avoid being charged for damage during transport.

Having said that I'm happy to pay for materials if I need to.

Can anyone help? Would be enormously appreciated. :icon_bigg

Not sure where to put this. (mods feel free to move)

Don't worry I'm not going to do a jo_ and bombard you all with easily googleable questions in threads! :icon_bigg

My acer laptop has developed keyboard problems within the year guarantee and I need to return it to their technical support team near Plymouth.

They have very specific instructions on carriage:

It must be a new box as they shred boxes on receipt
It needs to be bigger than the box it came in so there is room for the bubble wrap
It needs to be surrounded by 5cm bubble wrap

I'm not sure where to get the necessary materials and obviously want to avoid being charged for damage during transport.

Having said that I'm happy to pay for materials if I need to.

Can anyone help? Would be enormously appreciated. :icon_bigg

Did you buy direct from Acer?

When I had a similar problem, and it was near the end of the guarantee period, I took the laptop back to the shop that I had bought it from and left them with the responsibility and expense of the safe packing.

If you do have to pack it yourself, bubble wrap is available from most office supply outlets. Staples certainly stocks it.

Did you buy direct from Acer?

When I had a similar problem, and it was near the end of the guarantee period, I took the laptop back to the shop that I had bought it from and left them with the responsibility and expense of the safe packing.

If you do have to pack it yourself, bubble wrap is available from most office supply outlets. Staples certainly stocks it.

I bought it from Tesco. When I rang their number it put me through to Acer's phone line. Do you think if I took it back they may do that for me?

I forgot to mention it has to go via DHL - they gave out a code etc.

Last edited:
I bought it from Tesco. When I rang their number it put me through to Acer's phone line. Do you think if I took it back they may do that for me?

If you bought it from Tesco, you contract is with Tesco and not with Acer. I don't think it's reasonable that you're having such problems within a year of purchasing a new laptop. I would be telling Tesco that I wanted them to get it sorted.

If you bought it from Tesco, you contract is with Tesco and not with Acer. I don't think it's reasonable that you're having such problems within a year of purchasing a new laptop. I would be telling Tesco that I wanted them to get it sorted.

Brill :038: I'll give it a shot.

Go to T es co and speak reasonably to them, if you get nowhere, raise the vocals a notch, if you still get nowhere raise it again and ask the manager. Make a scene - they'll give you the money back or a replacement before the scene makes customers feel uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Thanks Boc for the brilliant advice on this. :038:

I took it to Tesco's and the did the required wrapping and boxing of the laptop.

It has been sent to Acer via DHL and to date I haven't been charged for the privilege!

Thanks again, Boc! :icon_bigg

Thanks Boc for the brilliant advice on this. :038:

I took it to Tesco's and the did the required wrapping and boxing of the laptop.

It has been sent to Acer via DHL and to date I haven't been charged for the privilege!

Thanks again, Boc! :icon_bigg

No problem. I glad it worked out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566