Norman Leate

Status
Not open for further replies.

highland fox

Played left back years ago for us,anybody remember him or is he a figment of my imagination? Looked a bit gruesome if I remember rightly.

I suspect he was a character in one of your "special" dreams

highland fox said:
Played left back years ago for us,anybody remember him or is he a figment of my imagination? Looked a bit gruesome if I remember rightly.

Of course, but I'm not sure about your spelling.

Local lad - incredibly committed and energetic, very popular because of that - slipped down into non-league quite quickly as I recall.

on the subject of forgotten players....what ever happened to Robbie Williams? Is he still playing for us? I think MA signed him at the start of the season if I remember correctly or the year before :-?

At least he's now got some Freedom to do what he wants, and he's got No Regrets about his time at Leicester

Might go to coventry though! I doubt Micky would rule it out. Because if theres somebody calling him up hes the one!

Leet, ND
Birthplace - Leicester
Signed from - Shepshed Charterhouse
Joined - 1980
Left - 1983
To - Shepshed Charterhouse
19 League Appearances
3 League Cup Appearances

Sounds like he was neither Supreme or Strong...

He played for Thurnby Rangers as well,My Dad seen him playing for them.

On his good days he looked like Rigsby from Rising Damp. On his bad days, he looked like Reggie Perrin as the pig farmer in the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin!!

PEN3 said:
On his bad days, he looked like Reggie Perrin as the pig farmer in the Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin!!

:D I don't think he was even that good looking

Anyone remember his own goal against Norwich.
Norwich clear the ball fom their own area into our half. Wallington comes to the edge of his area expecting Norm to side foot it back to him .
Instead Norm wellies it from 40 yards in Marks direction, goes flying over his head and into the net. we lost 4-1, but won 2 streakers to nil!!!!
Ah, the good old days.. :roll:

Lammie Robertson was another one.McClintock signed him I think,not sure if he ever played for the first team.McClintock or Pleat which one was the worst? theres a tough call...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566