Match Thread Northampton v Leicester

Yep, big Jan has looked great as he hasn't had to do any defending whatsoever.

He's great with the ball at his feet tbf, he just goes to shit if he has to defend or try and run.

Tidy. Some positive signs in midfield and across the back 3.

We do look to lack flair and penetration, but we have to hope there are signings incoming.

Generally I just wish football teams tried to score goals sometimes.

Onwards.

It’s an interesting system, but we desperately need the attacking players to benefit from it or we won’t be beating any goal scoring records - bizarrely Wilf looked the best of any of them

It's all about possession and control and not much about excitement or goals. When I go to games this season, I might take my Kindle with me to keep me occupied.

It's an exact copy of the Man City approach last season with massively less able players. Having said that, it's a much lower level of opponent too. Much will depend on whether opposing managers suss us out or not.

We're going to have 70% possession every game and regularly concede daft counter attack goals if opponents are sensible enough to play us that way.

We need to get very busy in the transfer market in and out over the next few weeks. We've got far too many players from an era that is over.

I can't say there was anything to learn today that we didn't already suspect.

It's all about possession and control and not much about excitement or goals. When I go to games this season, I might take my Kindle with me to keep me occupied.

It's an exact copy of the Man City approach last season with massively less able players. Having said that, it's a much lower level of opponent too. Much will depend on whether opposing managers suss us out or not.

We're going to have 70% possession every game and regularly concede daft counter attack goals if opponents are sensible enough to play us that way.

We need to get very busy in the transfer market in and out over the next few weeks. We've got far too many players from an era that is over.

I can't say there was anything to learn today that we didn't already suspect.
Maybe from our perspective but the management team will have some really good information to work from. Lots of what was put out there looked a bit ‘odd’ but I’m pleased they’re clearly trying some new things and just have to assume they have a plan to work with the outcomes of their experiments. We’ve got to have a bit of faith that they know what they’re doing - and why wouldn’t we?

Maybe from our perspective but the management team will have some really good information to work from. Lots of what was put out there looked a bit ‘odd’ but I’m pleased they’re clearly trying some new things and just have to assume they have a plan to work with the outcomes of their experiments. We’ve got to have a bit of faith that they know what they’re doing - and why wouldn’t we?
Why wouldn’t we? Are you new to this forum?

I particularly liked Ndidi up front. That was one of the more... drug induced?... experiments. It doesn't say much about our striker options though. I can only but assume it was to ensure everyone got some minutes.

Ndidi up front…Ricardo in midfield…

I hope he knows what he’s doing.

KDH & Winks were standouts for me. The latter looks class whilst KDH was an effective driving force, confident already they'll be key and very good players for us this season. Stand out for being pants was Daka I'm afraid. I note some positive comments here on Ndidi... on which I beg to differ(!) As we all know, he was played out of position in an advanced role... It's true he made some good runs but in that position you want someone who is going to a) do an EFFECTIVE good pass and/or b) shoot WELL. He failed miserably on both, so my view is that he flattered to deceive. Ricardo was played out of position too, but unlike Wilf he did it well. He's class... hope he remains injury free. Disappointed with Nacho when he came on who I've wanted to keep & am a fan of. He should do better next games, though he might be off by then. If so, signing the Swansea boy is vital.

Went to the game, reading some of the comments, I see that some players aren't being given any yardstick, being judged on last season and management .
Some may turn out to be pony, but for fcuks sake give them chance under the new regime , you ****s

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463