Not open for further replies.

MKFox

arse biscuits.:icon_evil

Macky

Gruntled Member
highland fox said:
:icon_sad:
I could be on my own by Monday:icon_lol:

I'm still with you Highlander, although I do understand where the CLOBs are coming from [Craig Levien Out Brigade] I still don't see it as being the answer to our nightmare.

Hazzman

Today, I dont know why but I went down again to see the City after Boxing Day's disgrace. Got me brother a cheaper ticket, the woman charged for me a member when he aint.

First half we were alright, should of scored a couple of chances. But the team had no or little idea of what to do, they innvention was shite. Long Ball everytime. The youngsters looked short of confidence, Gudjonsson cant be bothered no more, Williams was decent, De Vries could only play to his service.

Second half, same dumb tactics continued, Sylla got jeered off, in front of me I had a Pro-Levein bloke, behind me I had some bloke saying 'We should be in Europe' and to left some one shouted 'Bring O'Neill Back'. Norwich took their chance, their added quality of having three strikers who were out of the game up until that point provided enough firepower. After the goal, the formation became a mess. Norwich at point had McVeigh, Huckerby and Ashton do a sweeping move involving three passes, Ashton hit the bar. The Levein Out's began, despite being anti-Levein, I see no point in shouting Levein Out, its the board who have to have the bottle to give the bullet. Today, we played MA tactics, the only thing is after today it showed we have gone backwards.

The Club needs a regime change, it's just whether in the middle of season is approriate espically when you consider 20th in the League. Today, I heard the results not many in the crowd fluttered an eye at the results of Millwall, Brighton, SHeffield Wednesday and Crewe but trust me they will come 10 games left. I'm not looking forward to going Southampton with 4k City in-tow to see if we are gonna become another Forest.

Macky

Gruntled Member
Hazzman said:
The Club needs a regime change, it's just whether in the middle of season is approriate espically when you consider 20th in the League.

I'd say you are dead on there Hazz

lcfcrules

Hazzman said:
Sylla got jeered off

never booed during a match before, but was really tempted to this time... his heart just isn't in it.
He just doesn't seem to give a sh!t. players, managers, board members, they come and go, and it's the fans that dont have a choice but to put up with this type of frustrating attitude.
Week in week out I ask myself why did I bother coming to the match, and week in week out I am there again, paying money to become miserable...

PFKAKTF FOX

First Half thought we played ok, but as usual we didnt take our chances and missed the opportunity to get in the lead and confidence seemed to drain away.

Second half, proved everything to me, Norwich tinkered with their tactics to negate the effect of some of our more attacking players, whilst we seemed to run out of ideas and became something of a disorganised rabble. The referee was a disgrace as were Norwich's time wasting and theatrics. However we were IMO fortunate to keep 11 players on the park, as quite a few seemed to lose their heads.

This performance reminded me of the Burnley home defeat, what seems to be our problem is CL's inability to react and change tactics in match day situation, he seems to be tactically outhought week in and week out and that IMO is the only reason we are in the position we are in.

Last edited:

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Haven't read all the posts but my impression at the match yesterday was that the first half we played well and bossed Norwich around, even though they had better ball skills. We had most of the possession, Douglas had virtiually nothing to do. Had 2 or 3 good chances which we again failed to put away.
Second half we came out the same, except that Norwich had obviously been set about by Delia with her rolling pin and were more fired up. They bossed us about and used their size and physical strength to beat us all over the park.
Sylla was pants and Levein should have substituted him by half-time at the latest. I thought Dublin was brilliant. He had total command at the back and nothing beat him. He also did brilliantly at organising the team, including calming the hotheads. Smith could easily have been redcarded late on. We waited too late to change to 4 strikers up front and 7 a side in our goal area! And we lost control at the back once Dublin had gone up front.
A much better performance than I saw against Crewe or Millwall - but we lost!

So where do we go from here?
Firstly Levein must bring in a big fast striker that can boss their penalty area, and score goals! We need a Heskey/Benjamin clone with the skills of Thierry Henry for less than half a million. Anyone know of one?
We need to play at a fast tempo. All our best performances were at done at speed (or were they on speed?)
Dublin is by far and away our best centre half, so play him as often as he is fit. Smith is only on loan but commands automatic selection as our best winger, the same should be true of Dublin. We need to play our best team. It is no good playing next year's team now if it means we end up in Division One!
I find Sylla's occasional flashes of brilliance are more than cancelled out by his failure to tackle back and generally get stuck in. This is a rough, tough division and no place for wimps - get rid!
With the exception of Dublin and de Vries, we looked seriously undernourished compared to Norwich. We need some muscle in the team.
I do not know if the inconsistency is a Levein failure to inspire/motivate but he should publicly take some blame for failing to produce consistent performances and not reacting tactically fast enough during matches. Sort out those who are not committed to 'fighting/dying' to wear our blue shirt and get rid!
I applaud what Levein has done in getting in 'good' younger players on virtually no budget, so we do not replace the whole team every summer, but for God's sake make them play as a team!

Rant over, happy new year to you all!

Matt_B

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Haven't read all the posts but my impression at the match yesterday was that the first half we played well and bossed Norwich around, even though they had better ball skills. We had most of the possession, Douglas had virtiually nothing to do. Had 2 or 3 good chances which we again failed to put away.
Second half we came out the same, except that Norwich had obviously been set about by Delia with her rolling pin and were more fired up. They bossed us about and used their size and physical strength to beat us all over the park.
Sylla was pants and Levein should have substituted him by half-time at the latest. I thought Dublin was brilliant. He had total command at the back and nothing beat him. He also did brilliantly at organising the team, including calming the hotheads. Smith could easily have been redcarded late on. We waited too late to change to 4 strikers up front and 7 a side in our goal area! And we lost control at the back once Dublin had gone up front.
A much better performance than I saw against Crewe or Millwall - but we lost!

So where do we go from here?
Firstly Levein must bring in a big fast striker that can boss their penalty area, and score goals! We need a Heskey/Benjamin clone with the skills of Thierry Henry for less than half a million. Anyone know of one?
We need to play at a fast tempo. All our best performances were at done at speed (or were they on speed?)
Dublin is by far and away our best centre half, so play him as often as he is fit. Smith is only on loan but commands automatic selection as our best winger, the same should be true of Dublin. We need to play our best team. It is no good playing next year's team now if it means we end up in Division One!
I find Sylla's occasional flashes of brilliance are more than cancelled out by his failure to tackle back and generally get stuck in. This is a rough, tough division and no place for wimps - get rid!
With the exception of Dublin and de Vries, we looked seriously undernourished compared to Norwich. We need some muscle in the team.
I do not know if the inconsistency is a Levein failure to inspire/motivate but he should publicly take some blame for failing to produce consistent performances and not reacting tactically fast enough during matches. Sort out those who are not committed to 'fighting/dying' to wear our blue shirt and get rid!
I applaud what Levein has done in getting in 'good' younger players on virtually no budget, so we do not replace the whole team every summer, but for God's sake make them play as a team!

Rant over, happy new year to you all!

i agree with most of what you say, but I disagree over Dublin and MDV. I fail to see what Dublin does to warrant his reputation, he is slow, old and losing any aerial ability he brought. He may calm the players down but I think he should go. Paddy and Gerrrand were playing well, leave them to gel.

MDV is slow and for a guy of over 6' he cannot head a ball and seems to have less strength than my 90 yr old grandmother. how many times di he just throw his head at the ball with no idea of where it was going!

Hammond doesn't offer much in the way of goals, but at least he causes their defence concern with his pace.

Yorkshire Vixen

Macky said:
I'm still with you Highlander, although I do understand where the CLOBs are coming from [Craig Levien Out Brigade] I still don't see it as being the answer to our nightmare.

same here :icon_wink :icon_bigg

Brauny Blue

Was there a fiddle on the size of the crowd yesterday? RL said the ground looked little more than half full and estimated somewhere around 18-19000. The confirmed figure was over 21000:102:

Yorkshire Vixen

newtonfox said:
i dont know about all of you but didnt they cheat alot :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil

yeah i thought that they were almost as bad as qpr :frown: if thats what it takes to win a game then lets fecking cheat :038:

Brauny Blue

Yorkshire Vixen said:
yeah i thought that they were almost as bad as qpr :frown: if thats what it takes to win a game then lets fecking cheat :038:

Swearing again YV:018: ,and to think i called you a lady on another thread;) :icon_lol:

highland fox

Brauny Blue said:
Swearing again YV:018: ,and to think i called you a lady on another thread;) :icon_lol:

It's the only language the Bonehead Army understand BB...

webmaster

Brauny Blue said:
Was there a fiddle on the size of the crowd yesterday? RL said the ground looked little more than half full and estimated somewhere around 18-19000. The confirmed figure was over 21000:102:

The confirmed figure seemed about right, compared to similar 'official' attendances this season. But it doesn't surprise me that RL were trying to stir things up.

Brauny Blue

webmaster said:
The confirmed figure seemed about right, compared to similar 'official' attendances this season. But it doesn't surprise me that RL were trying to stir things up.

Considering its still holiday season and given that Norwich had a good away following ,then it will be interesting to see what we get against mediocre opponents for a mid week match. Its the drop in attendances that might make the board look at CL future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669