Pre Match Nottingham Forest (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fludie

Peanut Thief
As we seem to do well when I create the pre-match threads, here we go.

2-1

Nugent with both :icon_wink

Head to head stats

h2h.JPG

Last edited:
Do we need one. Foregone conclusion. I have us down to win 4-1 in Boc's prediction league.

You'll have to excuse Fludie. He's still stuck on this one:

arse.jpg

Last edited:
does anyone want my ticket for this game?
I don't want to go anymore.

It sounds perverse but I hope Sven doesn't chop and change too much...I think it's very important we have a settled side for a few games.

Pick your strongest 11 and let them play. Here is how I'd (with no right to do so) line them up:

Kasper
Peltier
Mills
Bamba
Konchesky

Fernandes
King
Gallagher
Danns

Nugent
Vassell

But that's inconsequential, whatever he plays he needs to stick with.

I think we need to get back to the core of what put us amongst the top scorers in the league last season. Consequently, I'd go for....

Kasper

Konchesky
Mills
Bamba
Peltier

Abe
King
Wellens

Gallagher
Nugent
Vassell

But if we can get a new striker signed in time for the game, I'd perhaps drop Nugent. Yakubu back or Maynard please!

It sounds perverse but I hope Sven doesn't chop and change too much...I think it's very important we have a settled side for a few games.

Pick your strongest 11 and let them play. Here is how I'd (with no right to do so) line them up:

Kasper
Peltier
Mills
Bamba
Konchesky

Fernandes
King
Gallagher
Danns

Nugent
Vassell

But that's inconsequential, whatever he plays he needs to stick with.

So you'd change it again then?

We have **** all chance when the players seem to think we are doing ok as it is. Wellen's interview after losing to Bristol ****ing City does not fill me with any confidence that the players will up their game.

I have a spare ticket too.

pm me face value

Whatever makes you think it's worth face value? I'll give you seven-and-a-tanner.

I think we need to get back to the core of what put us amongst the top scorers in the league last season. Consequently, I'd go for....

Kasper

Konchesky
Mills
Bamba
Peltier

Abe
King
Wellens

Gallagher
Nugent
Vassell

But if we can get a new striker signed in time for the game, I'd perhaps drop Nugent. Yakubu back or Maynard please!
You can't be serious after last night, probably the only player to come out of with any credit and a goal.
I have a spare ticket too.

pm me face value

5 marbles

You can't be serious after last night, probably the only player to come out of with any credit and a goal.

5 marbles

Yakubu managed to play in that position without looking totally isolated last season and created a lot more chances for hjimself, whereas Nugent relies heavily on those around him. Don't get me wrong - I like Nugent a lot and I think he's been unlucky not to score a couple more so far this season, but I think he's better suited to a system where he plays alongside another striker. He doesn't seem able to put himself about enough or create enough chances for himself in the 433 system that we're currently playing and the players around him don't seem to be creating many chances for him either.

If by some miracle we sign Yakubu before the Forest match, he'd be straight in the side ahead of Nugent for me. But then again I suppose it's very unlikely Yakubu will sign now, let alone in time for the Forest game.

He doesn't seem able to put himself about enough or create enough chances for himself in the 433 system that we're currently playing and the players around him don't seem to be creating many chances for him either.

C'mon, he was having to pick the ball up on the half-way line. There was one moment where he picked up the ball and had to attempt taking on five players because not a single City player offered a pass.

We're not playing 4-3-3 atm either, it's firmly 4-5-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566