Pre Match Nottingham Forest vs Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we enter the final game with a glimmer of hope that the play-offs are a possibility.

Beat Forest and Bolton fail to win their last game and we're in.

Simples

What is abundantly clear is that a draw is no good to either team at the City Ground on Saturday.

If we win a F!"£$t and Palace fail to get a point in either of their last two games, would we not also be in?

If you say things like that, you'll have Old Fox and Redditch quivering.

Youv'e brainwashed him. But you failed to inplant your rationale for his uplifting message ....which is something along the lines of - 'if we have a manager who does the wrong things long enough then its bound to turn good in time'. Not sure it works like that.

Youv'e brainwashed him. But you failed to inplant your rationale for his uplifting message ....which is something along the lines of - 'if we have a manager who does the wrong things long enough then its bound to turn good in time'. Not sure it works like that.

Not sure anybody's ever said that either

Not sure anybody's ever said that either

Possibly not. Sadly I'm tired of the whole thing. The season is a contradiction. I didn't think when it started that we would do better than around 8th; then i thought we had a real chance of automatic promotion; then i thought that we had stuffed up automatic promotion but surely would make the play offs. Now, I am convinced that whatever the final outcome ...it won't be good. Basically people like me expect too much from a club that seldom delivers. Maybe the answer is to lower expectations to the level of performance. Perhaps Leicester City deserves Pearson and Pearson is as good as it gets.

For me, the sooner the season is over the better and on the basis that nothing stays the same hopefully better things may be round the corner,

I'll leave it at that and suffer in silence for the time being! (at least until next season comes round) And no I didn't write all or any of the letters of support to the Chairman. A truly surreal incident.

Best of luck.

Maybe the answer is to lower expectations to the level of performance.

Feck me has it taken you this long to realise that Redditch? I expect nothing other than crushing disappointment and then the yoyo nature of LCFC offers some occasional (relative) highs to offset the lows. It's much easier that way.

Is that a promise?
:icon_wink

Promise. Apart from acknowledging messages of condolence and concern there will be no more wisdom/ vitriol/optimism/ pessimism/ derision or anything else till our great club is training for next season.

Hopefully, Brauny Blue and OF will still continue to project a bit of realism in the meantime.

Hopefully, Brauny Blue and OF will still continue to project a bit of realism in the meantime.

Even pessimists can be realists.

For the record, I don't really think it has taken you 60 years to realise the position that City are in. All of us have had moments when we have been fooled into thinking that we have a right to a place higher than our allotted one - and sometimes our wishes come true. But not this year - and perhaps not next.

Your advice is good advice. It has taken me a mere 60 years to understand that.

Although Gordon Milne was the manager when I first went to watch City, by the time I was old enough to go regularly with my friends David Pleat was in charge. I learned not to expect much early on :icon_bigg

We will probably take the lead and be two up and then fold second half - Newcastleesque.

We will probably get tonked.

We will probably play badly and lose.

We will probably play well and lose.

We will probably 'not turn up' and lose.

We will win.

Please pick the odd one out.

'if we have a manager who does the wrong things long enough then its bound to turn good in time'.

Is that the same sort of thing as giving a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters and a thousand years and eventually a legible piece of Craig will appear?

We will probably take the lead and be two up and then fold second half - Newcastleesque.

We will probably get tonked.

We will probably play badly and lose.

We will probably play well and lose.

We will probably 'not turn up' and lose.

We will win.

Please pick the odd one out.

"We will probably get tonked" is the odd one out. Apart from Barnsley (and Burton...) all our losses this season have been by one goal.

Is that the same sort of thing as giving a thousand monkeys a thousand typewriters and a thousand years and eventually a legible piece of Craig will appear?
Little known fact: if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters, it would be over a million years before the words 'Leicester', 'Pearson' and 'Premier League' appear on the same page.

Little known fact: if you give a million monkeys a million typewriters, it would be over a million years before the words 'Leicester', 'Pearson' and 'Premier League' appear on the same page.
Or "Leicester", " Holloway", and "League One"

In a way I'm glad it has come to this. A must win match at local rivals for a play off place is an exciting end to the season. I wanted a top six finish at the beginning of the season but some of what I saw in the intervening months convinced me that we were capable of more. Which leaves me in the bizarre position of probably being a little deflated even if we do achieve what it is I wanted us to achieve back in August.

Both sides need to win so Pearson might as well adopt the mindset that if he's going to go out he will at least go out firing. We should be attacking this lot and if it comes off we should take that attitude into the play offs. If it doesn't then I think we all know it will be be Pearson's last game. I hope if that's the case he is given a respectful send off. I'm as disappointed as anyone about the last few months but we never got the chance to show our appreciation for the achievements of Pearson's first spell given the manner of his departure. If we don't get what we need on Saturday we should try to put our disappointment aside and take the opportunity to rectify that.

Last edited:
In a way I'm glad it has come to this. A must win match at local rivals for a play off place is an exciting end to the season. I wanted a top six finish at the beginning of the season but some of what I saw in the intervening months convinced me that we were capable of more. Which leaves me in the bizarre position of probably being a little deflated even if we do achieve what it is I wanted us to achieve back in August.

Both sides need to win so Pearson might as well adopt the mindset that if he's going to go out he will at least go out firing. We should be attacking this lot and if it comes off we should take that attitude into the play offs. If it doesn't then I think we all know it will be be Pearson's last game. I hope if that's the case he is given a respectful send off. I'm as disappointed as anyone about the last few months but we never got the chance to show our appreciation for the achievements of Pearson's first spell given the manner of his departure. If we don't get what we need on Saturday we should try to put our disappointment aside and take the opportunity to rectify that.

Wow! I admire that level of gentlemanliness! My pain, were we to lose to Forest, will be somewhat abated by the reports of the travelling Leicester fans rising to show their appreciation of a 0-3 scoreline in a rapturous round of applause for Nigel Pearson!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669