Notts County Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
after seeing two matches now im impressed the team is starting to gel some very good football was played yesterday ok there was a few cock ups too but this is what pre-seasons all about ,the new players look class on the whole :038:

MDV played very well again worked hard played the ball through alot to give others a better chance than he got :038:

Hume looking better and better

DJ pure class :038:

Clem was everywhere good goal too :038:

Fryatt did ok nice header goal good :038:

as each game gose by we are getting better imo

Boc didnt think you where going this season good too see you again mate :038:

De Vries was very fast and sharp - could edge out Hume for a starting slot alongside DJC.

Clemence and Chambers were also impressive. Sappleton looked awesome for a 17 yr old. The likeness to Heskey is uncanny. Tried to kick their goalie into Row Z!

Defries is shite! Did you actually see the same game as me? He never knows which channel to run in to, struggles to dominate in the air for a man of his size, sorry but can't see him in any City team. Overall a decent game though. We look to have a good spine with Ngotty, Clemence and DJ. I Thought Newton had a good game, looks better now he has some decent players along side him. Humme and DJ should have to much for most Championship defences with back up from Fryatt. The most important thing that I noticed is that Clemence is a class above anyone, looks a natural leader and him and Kitchy could be the central midfield partnership we have needed for many a year. Oh yeh who the heck was the bald guy who came on with like 20 secs to go?

Your takiing he psiss right?

I am shitting myself if we go into the season without a proper left back again. Chambers looked out of his depth at LB and ok when he switched to RB.

Stand out player by a mile was Ngotty. This guy looked class. A cut above everyone else on the pitch.

Totally agree with Pontus.

Chambers ooked uncomfortable on the left and Weston got the better of him on many occasions and almost scored twice.

However I do believe he would make an excellent right back.

Hayes was very poor. Mattock was much, much better on the left in the second half.

All the rest impressed me. Pick of them were Clemence, N'Gotty, Mattock, Hume.

Also impressed with Kishisvev, Weso, de Vries, Odhiambo, Campbell.

Hellings looked promising on the ball. Newton will do well for us next season.

I'm quite optimistic though would like to see us tested more...

This is why I hate not going to the game : X was brilliant, no X was shit Y was the best, whjat game where you watching mate Y was wank etc ....

You never get a consistant feel. Wish I'd gone now

This is why I hate not going to the game : X was brilliant, no X was shit Y was the best, whjat game where you watching mate Y was wank etc ....

You never get a consistant feel. Wish I'd gone now

everybody has differing opinions

Some are spot on others are way off the mark though

Newton will do well for us next season.

cant see it myself, even against quorn he was shit. I have never seen a so called natural right sided player with such a lack of possitioning awareness.

I honestly dont think he knows where he should be running, he comes central more often than offering himself up the line. Stearman had to play two possitions on saturday due to he inept performance.

Were you siitng next to Boc yesterday Jeff? I have never seen you before but the bloke next to Boc was just how I imagined you looked.

Yep saw boc also yesterday, needed to get my train tickets off him for glasgow, did you see me Jeff? i was with a mate and it was outside the reception.

after seeing two matches now im impressed the team is starting to gel some very good football was played yesterday ok there was a few cock ups too but this is what pre-seasons all about ,the new players look class on the whole :038:

MDV played very well again worked hard played the ball through alot to give others a better chance than he got :038:

how did you fathom that from the 20 minutes he played?? was it the the 1 on 1 chance he skied?? :102::102:

Yep saw boc also yesterday, needed to get my train tickets off him for glasgow, did you see me Jeff? i was with a mate and it was outside the reception.

I saw Boc talking to 2 lads near the reception, I'm guessing you were one of these.

:icon_lol:

cant wait till the 11th!

Thought N'Gotty and McCauley were immense. Clemence too and I thought going forward on the left the signs were really promising in the first half. Chambers, Hayes and Hume linked up well.

Disappointed with Kishishev and Weso when he came on. Also too many individual errors from Chambers at the back. He's must be a better player than that to have won three promotions. Also Newton needs to shoot when he's in a good position and his corners and free kicks were woeful. Good cross for the third goal though.

There was a gulf in class between us and Notts County but also between this years team and last years.

To be honest I thought McAuley was a bit suspect. He looked over confident at times and gave the ball away a few occasions when trying to dribble out of defence.

To be honest I thought McAuley was a bit suspect. He looked over confident at times and gave the ball away a few occasions when trying to dribble out of defence.

He did the same thing in the league a few times last season. When it came off he looked really good, when it didn't he looked a dick and we usually ended up losing a goal.

i know its nice to speculate about who'll be good and who won't from pre-season friendlies but until the Blackpool game I don't think we can read to much into performances.

theres sure to be a few players who will raise there game that bit more when it comes to the real action. its a natural instinct to perform with caution in friendlies. it is also sure to make a difference when there are 31,000 in the stadium for the first game as opposed to 6000 against notts. i'm not telling people to stop speculating, i'm just airing a note of caution. to criticise or build players up before the real action has begun is not worth it imo.

i know its nice to speculate about who'll be good and who won't from pre-season friendlies but until the Blackpool game I don't think we can read to much into performances.

theres sure to be a few players who will raise there game that bit more when it comes to the real action. its a natural instinct to perform with caution in friendlies. it is also sure to make a difference when there are 31,000 in the stadium for the first game as opposed to 6000 against notts. i'm not telling people to stop speculating, i'm just airing a note of caution. to criticise or build players up before the real action has begun is not worth it imo.

They will need to gel as well Mickey - see how they are doing after half a dozen matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757