fox58

Batting First 1-0 off 1 over

123-7 off 20 overs Sidebottom tied them down

92-0 off 9 overs Brown 50no big defeat looming

Yorks struggling 6-3 needing 132

124-1 big loss

5.3 overs left

Last edited:
A pitiful display after the first 5 overs.

I felt sorry for Taylor who was unable to get the ball off the square - but far more experienced batters didn't perform at all.

I think there should be 3 changes made for the Yorkshire game - but I'm afraid there will probably be 1 at the very most.

It's one thing sticking to a re-determined, pre-announced selection policy but when that flies in the face of the club's chances of progression in a competition, then I think the management need to have a re-think.

A pitiful display after the first 5 overs.

I felt sorry for Taylor who was unable to get the ball off the square - but far more experienced batters didn't perform at all.

I think there should be 3 changes made for the Yorkshire game - but I'm afraid there will probably be 1 at the very most.

It's one thing sticking to a re-determined, pre-announced selection policy but when that flies in the face of the club's chances of progression in a competition, then I think the management need to have a re-think.

They are probably regretting it themselves now. Why Ackerman is not in the team is beyond me! If they are going to leave anyone out then it should be Dippenaar by a country mile! Make Ackerman or Nixon captain. They didn't really think this through enough did they. Whats the point in having 4 non eu players on the payroll if they are only going to play 3 of them.

They are probably regretting it themselves now. Why Ackerman is not in the team is beyond me! If they are going to leave anyone out then it should be Dippenaar by a country mile! Make Ackerman or Nixon captain. They didn't really think this through enough did they. Whats the point in having 4 non eu players on the payroll if they are only going to play 3 of them.

My understanding is that Ackerman was not going to be picked for T20 this season...but then they picked him. He batted through on one occasion and it looked slightly like he was mindful of his averages!! - and has now been dumped for T20.

But- the Leics managements needs to become a bit more pragmatic. Sidebotham had us like frightened rabbits last night - which wasn't entirely unpredictable - and they needed Ackerman. As you hint, everyone knows that Ackerman has a better range of shots in T20 than Dipennaar.

I'm sorry to say that the senior coach/ coaches are not sufficiently with it...and if they were they would be stressing to the Chairman and committee that no county, let alone Leics ,is strong enough not to pick its best available side.

They were discussing during commentary last night about the dilemma for the next CC game:

HD (made 180 last game)
BD (captain, made 140)
O'Brien (back, our overseas 'star' and we need a seam bowler)
Henderson (Naik injured, he is our no.1 spinner)

Dagnall was definitely leaning on the pragmatic side and play all 4. I can see Crowe playing instead of Henderson.

But I agree, we are so close to 20/20 qualification we need HD in the side particularly since we are clearly a batter short

Dagnall was definitely leaning on the pragmatic side and play all 4. I can see Crowe playing instead of Henderson.

But I agree, we are so close to 20/20 qualification we need HD in the side particularly since we are clearly a batter short

I would definitely want Carl Crowe included instead of Henderson for this game. We know enough about his strengths/ weaknesses - but he is a very competitive player and would be right for this game.

I suppose at some point Nixon is going to have a final flourish to his career - and perhaps it might happen tonight, but patience ought to be wearing a bit thin.

James Taylor is not ready to bat at 3 at this stage - so he ought to be put down the order or left out. Obviously he might have a stormer at 3, but I think it's just asking too much for him to bat at that critical position. HD is the obvious choice.

HD has to play unless we are into some sort of self-harm syndrome.

Overall, I just think that the whole coaching structure at Grace Road needs sorting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566