NP puts in bid for Hobbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute dream. Hobbs and Tunhcev next season with Morrison and Kisnorbo as back up, that is worthy of the championship and even the premier league (actually to far). But if this is true then it is certainly good news, i thought he struggled at first but recently he has been quality and will definetly play in the Premier league when he is older.

He has the potential to become a future England captain according to some :icon_lol:

He has the potential to become a future England captain according to some :icon_lol:

He's making a return to cricket then :icon_wink

5717566_std.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want to be a miserable old git but if Liverpool let him go for £400k it indicates that they don't think he's any kop(sic)..... if they rate him at all then they will ask for serious 'add on's'.

NP has done the right thing of course (as he usually does) - but I fear that at that sort of price it may invite other bidders to get involved.

I don't want to be a miserable old git but if Liverpool let him go for £400k it indicates that they don't think he's any kop(sic)

It's a cute play on words, but the 'sic' is only appropriate if you're quoting somebody else's work verbatim.

It's a cute play on words, but the 'sic' is only appropriate if you're quoting somebody else's work verbatim.

Thanks Macky. Your grammar primers are always much appreciated - in this case, I did know but as you imply I couldn't resist the play on words.

I would imagine if, and I say 'if' we sign him then the £400k would merely be downpayment, the add-ons would be huge.

I would imagine if, and I say 'if' we sign him then the £400k would merely be downpayment, the add-ons would be huge.
Why, he is after all only a £400k player at best. We don't know what he will be like in the championship.
He is not a premiership player by a long way that's why those red ***** don't want him.

if Liverpool let him go for £400k, don't be surprised to see a 50% sell-on clause

I'm not really bothered about sell on clauses. it would only be a percentage of any profit, meaning his valued would have been increased by excellent performances.

It's win win for everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673