o' grady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy Genius said:
nothing to do with being heavily on the piss the night before the Burnley game then?

You may have information that has not been available to me. What do you know?

There is an awareness of other players who have been on the piss recently and they still made the bench on Saturday, so it doesn't look as though that alone stops people playing.

bocadillo said:
You may have information that has not been available to me. What do you know?

There is an awareness of other players who have been on the piss recently and they still made the bench on Saturday, so it doesn't look as though that alone stops people playing.

I have been told a player was near paraletic with drink early last week. Being on the piss is bad enough but being carried out is another thing. You just dont know what to believe.
Personally I believe that they should all be non drinkers

Boy Genius said:
I have been told a player was near paraletic with drink early last week. Being on the piss is bad enough but being carried out is another thing. You just dont know what to believe.
Personally I believe that they should all be non drinkers

I'm not sure whether you are being seroius about the non-drinkers thing - although I would certainly agreee that some ought to be drinking a lit less.

I do think though that there does seem to be a general lack of discipline about which I think is not a good thing. I was in the company of another TBer outside the players' entrance before the game on Saturday when we saw lots of the academy lads strolling in, some slouching along with hands in pockets, one spitting gum onto the ground as he approached the door, others with their mp3 player-phones hanging from their ears - quite a motley crew.

bocadillo said:
I'm not sure whether you are being seroius about the non-drinkers thing - although I would certainly agreee that some ought to be drinking a lit less.

I do think though that there does seem to be a general lack of discipline about which I think is not a good thing. I was in the company of another TBer outside the players' entrance before the game on Saturday when we saw lots of the academy lads strolling in, some slouching along with hands in pockets, one spitting gum onto the ground as he approached the door, others with their mp3 player-phones hanging from their ears - quite a motley crew.

A sensible player should control his drinking, non of them do so ban it until they learn. As for the discipline side thats down to the manager. When Kelly first took over he insisted the players all wore suits when coming to games, and attire to be smart when turning up for training. I would be surprised if that has changed, but discipline should go much further than that.

Boy Genius said:
A sensible player should control his drinking, non of them do so ban it until they learn. As for the discipline side thats down to the manager. When Kelly first took over he insisted the players all wore suits when coming to games, and attire to be smart when turning up for training. I would be surprised if that has changed, but discipline should go much further than that.

Agreed. I should say that all the first-team players that I have seen arriving at the two home games have been wearing suits (all with blue yirsd for the Burnley game) - it's only the Academy lads that I have seen slouching about, some of whom played in the game at Hinckley IIRC.

bocadillo said:
I presume that this is simply a retaliatory tumbleweed - and thoroughly undeserved IMHO.

a retaliatory tumbleweed - :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :tumbleweed:

my cousin is a friend of Matt Heaths, and he said that while he thinks rk is a fantastic coach, he is almost too nice to be a manager

Last edited:
drummindefender said:
my cousin is a friend of Matt Heaths, and he said that while he thinks rk is a fantastic coach, he is almost too nice to be a manager

Same was often said about Micky Adams.

bocadillo said:
not according to matt heath-believe it or not (as he seems to be a favourite) he thinks hes a nasty bloke, and has a hidden agenda-what you see on tv interviews isnt the real micky adams!

drummindefender said:

Maybe that is why the partnership with Mike 'Rocky' Stowell works so well.

drummindefender said:
what you see on tv interviews isnt the real micky adams!

AHA!! that explains a lot, it always struck me as bizarre the way that he constantly refers to himself in the 3rd person but Micky Adams is obviously talking about the real Micky Adams

I wonder what it was all about?!?!

If it was drink related then O'Grady is out of line. RK is the gaffer and at the end of the day what he says goes!

they shouldnt really be getting pissed before a match anyway I would think...

smacks of complete unprofessionalism to me YV, jumped up little feckers on way too much money...

bocadillo said:

And about Peter Taylor. He always appeared to want to be friends with the players rather than being the disiplinarian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669