Confirmed Transfer Oakley loaned to Exeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why there's a lot of ill feeling towards Oakley - and I'm not aiming this at you Mawsley - but a lot of people on here couldn't wait to be rid of him... I just don't understand it myself, he's certainly not the player he once was, but in the latter part of last season he had some great games. Sven has often said that he is a very good influence on the younger players at the club and he comes across as an absolute model professional.

I just don't get why so many people are happy to see a reliable, experienced, professional back-up player leave the club. As far as I'm concerned, he's barely put a foot wrong in the whole time he's been here.

Yes.

Repeatedly having to go in at half-time for Pearson to create some spirit for a second half come-back, rarely imposing ourselves for a full game. I take it you didn't go to many? I saw all bar two this season and never saw Oakley vocal or inspirational during matches.

He was a nice man, I don't wish him ill - but let's put a lid on this "he was a great captain" crap, yes?

I think you are protesting a little bit too much here, trying to blame Oakley for the whole team not playing well and expecting him to have given team talks during the game. You also admit that you never saw him be vocal or inspirational during any game he played which means that for every minute he was on the pitch you must have only had eyes for him.

I think secretly you are upset Oakley is moving on and the only way you can show it is by being negative...and there was me thinking that Beaumont was obsessed with Oakley .

I think you are protesting a little bit too much here, trying to blame Oakley for the whole team not playing well and expecting him to have given team talks during the game. You also admit that you never saw him be vocal or inspirational during any game he played which means that for every minute he was on the pitch you must have only had eyes for him.

I think secretly you are upset Oakley is moving on and the only way you can show it is by being negative...and there was me thinking that Beaumont was obsessed with Oakley .
I think your logic is ****ed up.

2+2, no matter what your record selection says, does not equal 5.

I think your logic is ****ed up.

2+2, no matter what your record selection says, does not equal 5.

Sorry, I didnt mean to touch a nerve

I just think that somebody saying that he was a "good" captain is fair enough, after all during the promotion season he received a player of the month award and was included in the team of the season. He also captained the team to a 23 game unbeaten run. Which is pretty impressive when you consider that as you pointed he didnt speak during the game and did nothing inspirational at all (ignoring the 8 goals, which one would assume would be inspirational).

I suppose when he is compared to previous captains who should loads of 'pashun' he was a little different, but does that mean he wasnt good?

My residing image of him will be walking off the pitch at Pride Park enthusiastically applauding all of the Derby fans, and routinely ignoring those from the club who pay his wages. Tosser

That and his lovely peachy arse, obviously...

You didn't, I just thought your post was a pile of shit.

Interesting as it mainly quoted what you had previously said...

...no comment on how somebody who was mute and did nothing inspirational for an entire season was included in the League 1 team of the season??

Interesting as it mainly quoted what you had previously said...

...no comment on how somebody who was mute and did nothing inspirational for an entire season was included in the League 1 team of the season??

Probably because team of the season is picked by people who rarely watch the teams play, the discussion probably went something like this:

A) So we have been asked to pick a team of the season?

B) Yes, how many games did you actually see?

A) A few, I tell you what get the stats book down

B) OK, lets start with the keeper who kept the most clean sheets

A) Good thinking, what about the captain of the league champions?

B) Great, we can pick the rest out of a hat.

I liked Oakley. Never much as a player but he seemed like a nice guy. And from what I've heard he had a similar impact as Powell behind the scenes, being well respected around the club.

Matt Oakley still has a role to play with Leicester City, manager Sven-Goran Eriksson has said.
Eriksson said both of them (Kennedy the other) were in need of match action and could still pull on City colours again this season. "Yes, they still feature in the plans. I am sure Matt Oakley would go into the team tomorrow, as a right-back or midfielder, and do a good job. He is one of our fittest players. If you did a running test now he would win it.

"He needs to play football. It Is not good for him to be training every day and not even sitting on the bench. It will be very good for him now.

I certainly don't need statistics to tell you Cam Newton is a God amongst men, but it doesn't hurt my argument either.

Cam has it all to prove. He has made a good start though. :icon_wink

I certainly don't need statistics to tell you Cam Newton is a God amongst men, but it doesn't hurt my argument either.

Ha ha, I was listening to an analyst after week 2 saying that Cam was averaging over 400 yards passing per game in his NFL career to that point, which, whilst true, made me laugh.

Do you reckon Indy are tanking to get Andrew Luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566