Obama inauguration

Status
Not open for further replies.
A) They can't be tried on 'US soil' because they haven't broken any US laws, most of them haven't ever stepped foot in America.
Also, prior to the concentration camp being created in Guantanamo, the US had no problem prosecuting suspected terrorists & placing them in federal prisons.

B) Where is this evidence that released detainees have gone on to be involved in the Iraqi insurgency?
I haven't seen any report of that. But, to be honest, if I'd have been released from a concentration camp after being illegally detained for no good reason, I'd certainly be looking for ways to retaliate against my captors.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/con_co...d_closing_guantanamo_is_easier_said_than_done

I am aware that article isn't exactly convincing evidence but thats where i remembered the point about the insurgency from.

Anyway my point about him being unable to close it remains the same

Even George Bush managed to have a shoe thrown at him. If that had been an explosive, he'd be brown bread.
The nutters have been moving on at the same pace. It's only a matter of time.

You can search a person for guns, knives and explosive, security men are hardly likely to look for shoes, they're not lethal.

You can search a person for guns, knives and explosive, security men are hardly likely to look for shoes, they're not lethal.
If an assassin is determined and ingenious enough, I don't think they can be stopped. Have you not seen 'In the line of Fire'?

Almost certain to get shot if there is a firearms incident because he's likely to start dancing when the Secret Service shout "Get down".:icon_wink

"Good Luck"

goodluck.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48