Office activation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

From Gradel to Grave

I've recently bought a preinstalled laptop. As part of the package it came with Office 2007. As it's new it's asking me for a product code and I'm limited to 25 activations without entering it.

I've done this a million times through the years with codes from cd cases but for some reason the code on the sticker attached to the bottom of the lap top is not being accepted. It's letting me enter the code to the 25th character then saying it's not correct.

Am I being immensely dumb and missing something blindingly obvious or have I somehow been given the wrong code? If so who and how should I contact?

Any help would be enormously appreciated! :038:

I've recently bought a preinstalled laptop. As part of the package it came with Office 2007. As it's new it's asking me for a product code and I'm limited to 25 activations without entering it.

I've done this a million times through the years with codes from cd cases but for some reason the code on the sticker attached to the bottom of the lap top is not being accepted. It's letting me enter the code to the 25th character then saying it's not correct.

Am I being immensely dumb and missing something blindingly obvious or have I somehow been given the wrong code? If so who and how should I contact?

It couldn't be something as simple as you putting a '0' instead of an 'O' could it?

...the code on the sticker attached to the bottom of the lap top is not being accepted.

I would have thought that it is quite unusual for an Office sticker to be stuck on the bottom of the laptop. Are you sure you're not trying to use the Windows authorisation code?

Either way the supplier is the person to go to if you can't get it started.

I would have thought that it is quite unusual for an Office sticker to be stuck on the bottom of the laptop. Are you sure you're not trying to use the Windows authorisation code?

Either way the supplier is the person to go to if you can't get it started.

I wondered the same but it's asking for a 25 character code which matches the one on the sticker. The sticker has 'Windows 7 Home Pro OA' written on it.

Are you sure it didn't come with a trial of Office 2007?
Mine did, I got rid of it and installed Office 2003 instead.

:038: I looked closer and you're right, mate. I saw it was on there and didn't for a moment think it would be a trial.

Once again you're brilliant, Jeff! :icon_lol:

Thanks all for your help. :038:

I wondered the same but it's asking for a 25 character code which matches the one on the sticker. The sticker has 'Windows 7 Home Pro OA' written on it.

So I was right then. Windows 7 Home is not Office.

Am I brilliant too?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572