Official Statement - Taylor Steps Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% right - if the financial situation is that bad, surely we would have sold more than Williams this January - and not taken three players on loan.

This is only my guess, but maybe that was the reason for the resignations, AT and GC maybe felt it would be wise to sell 2,3 or even 4 players for fees and bring in cheap loans as replacements and buy some time until the end of the season to reassess the best way forward and in the vain hope we avoid relegation.

The other directors with this scenario were shit scared of facing the wrath of the fans for selling the better players and possibly taking the club down to a level never experienced before were not prepared to be associated with such failure and opted for the easy exit and so decide to accept MM's latest offer, hence no quick sales on deadline day and the subsequent double resignation the morning after :102:

Interesting point, A-Z, but I think the resignations are more to do with the board's approval of MM's bid. However, neither of us really knows why they resigned, and I don't think we will until the takeover happens or flops.

You might be right, but I'm not convinced that we would go into admin if MM doesn't come in.

Nothing I've heard (apart from scaremongering from the usual places) has indicated this.

Dunc, I know (and respect) you are able to glean certain info - are you saying that Admin is not in our foreseeable future, should this still not happen with MM?

Not wishing to scaremonger and all that......

Dunc, I know (and respect) you are able to glean certain info - are you saying that Admin is not in our foreseeable future, should this still not happen with MM?

why would it not happen then bob? surely as you say the deal is done :102:

Last edited:

I'm saying that as far as I know (which may not be very far!) we won't go into admin this season without MM but come summer a number of players would be sold to balance books like the good ole days of LCFC!

:icon_lol:

Last edited:
The three directors that have resigned own a total of about 10% of the shares so they may be able to stop the sale to MM.

I'm saying that as far as I know (which may not be very far!) we won't go into admin this season without MM but come summer a number of players would be sold to balance books like the good ole days of LCFC!

And how many season tickets will be sold on the back of that (thewe are already some talking of not renewing now !) ?

And (given our precarious league position WITH these players) just how well do you think we would fare next season ?

That 'Grand Plan' leads to the death and destruction of LCFC - quickly by administration, or slowly via relegation and subsequent withering on the vine

The three directors that have resigned own a total of about 10% of the shares so they may be able to stop the sale to MM.

Errr no... he wants 75%

MMMmmmmm......

know what you mean re the good ole days, but then, we had the odd player worth a few quid - now, I'm not so sure our books would be balanced by such sales....

Even though he only wants 75% :icon_roll

Maybe the 'gang of 3' could generate enough ill feeling/negativity toward MM that other shareholders feel duty bound to decline the latest offer, even though the 'board' felt it was good enough to put forward as the aforementioned "deal".......

Maybe the 'gang of 3' could generate enough ill feeling/negativity toward MM that other shareholders feel duty bound to decline the latest offer, even though the 'board' felt it was good enough to put forward as the aforementioned "deal".......

A definite possibility - but I suspect they've got a lot of work to do

If the board are the bunch of idiots everyone seems to think they are, why should anyone do what they recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46