Oh dear folks.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob has told you all that you need to know.

We all know what it means surely? We are now looking for a new manager. Fact.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/7058362.stm

Gary Megson has urged Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric to clarify the Foxes manager's future at the club.

Megson is the front-runner to become Bolton boss after Graeme Souness said he did not want to succeed Sammy Lee.

Bolton have twice approached Leicester for permission to speak to Megson but the Foxes have rejected both advances.

"I've had a couple of meetings with the chairman over the past days and will be doing so again," Megson told BBC Sport. "It's for Bolton and the chairman."

Megson's interest in the Premier League club was not welcomed by some sections of the Foxes fans, who aired their thoughts during Leicester's 1-0 home defeat by Sheffield United on Tuesday night.

Having interviewed him last week, I know he would have been an exceptional candidate for the role

Gartside on Souness

"The crowd's reaction to me towards the end wasn't particularly palatable from my point of view," said Megson."

Bolton are understood to want to make an appointment before Sunday's match against Aston Villa, with chairman Phil Gartside willing to pay about £300,000 in compensation to prise away Megson from the East Midlands.

The Trotters have been searching for a new boss since sacking Lee on 17 October and placing Archie Knox in temporary charge.

Gartside revealed on Tuesday that former Rangers, Liverpool, Blackburn and Newcastle manager Souness would not be the man to take over at the Reebok Stadium.

He said: "Graeme Souness was a candidate on our target list and he has now decided to remove himself from the interview process.

"Having interviewed him last week, I know he would have been an exceptional candidate for the role.

"However, I respect Graeme's decision to pull out of the process and I wish him well for the future."

Gartside has also been thwarted in his efforts to assess two other candidates, having been refused permission to talk to Birmingham boss Steve Bruce and Real Sociedad coach Chris Coleman.

Former Fulham boss Coleman joined the Spanish Second Division side in the summer and they are keen to keep hold of him.

"He has a three-year contract with us and he is the coach who we are placing our confidence in for that period," stated Sociedad sporting director Salva Iriarte.

"He's happy here, committed to the project and keen to carry on. I've no doubt that he will be our coach for the next three years."

IF GM is on his way, M&M gets compensation, could, might, prise Dowie away from Cov, hand over the comp received to them ( they need the money ), for Dowie, or is this just a day dream?

I didnt quite get which chairman he has had meetings with?

Last edited:
IF GM is on his way, M&M gets compensation, could, might, prise Dowie away from Cov, hand over the comp received to them ( they need the money ), for Dowie, or is this just a day dream?

Do we really want Dowie?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leicester_city/7058362.stm

Gary Megson has urged Leicester chairman Milan Mandaric to clarify the Foxes manager's future at the club.

Megson is the front-runner to become Bolton boss after Graeme Souness said he did not want to succeed Sammy Lee.

Bolton have twice approached Leicester for permission to speak to Megson but the Foxes have rejected both advances.

"I've had a couple of meetings with the chairman over the past days and will be doing so again," Megson told BBC Sport. "It's for Bolton and the chairman."

Megson's interest in the Premier League club was not welcomed by some sections of the Foxes fans, who aired their thoughts during Leicester's 1-0 home defeat by Sheffield United on Tuesday night.

Having interviewed him last week, I know he would have been an exceptional candidate for the role

Gartside on Souness

"The crowd's reaction to me towards the end wasn't particularly palatable from my point of view," said Megson."

Bolton are understood to want to make an appointment before Sunday's match against Aston Villa, with chairman Phil Gartside willing to pay about £300,000 in compensation to prise away Megson from the East Midlands.

The Trotters have been searching for a new boss since sacking Lee on 17 October and placing Archie Knox in temporary charge.

Gartside revealed on Tuesday that former Rangers, Liverpool, Blackburn and Newcastle manager Souness would not be the man to take over at the Reebok Stadium.

He said: "Graeme Souness was a candidate on our target list and he has now decided to remove himself from the interview process.

"Having interviewed him last week, I know he would have been an exceptional candidate for the role.

"However, I respect Graeme's decision to pull out of the process and I wish him well for the future."

Gartside has also been thwarted in his efforts to assess two other candidates, having been refused permission to talk to Birmingham boss Steve Bruce and Real Sociedad coach Chris Coleman.

Former Fulham boss Coleman joined the Spanish Second Division side in the summer and they are keen to keep hold of him.

"He has a three-year contract with us and he is the coach who we are placing our confidence in for that period," stated Sociedad sporting director Salva Iriarte.

"He's happy here, committed to the project and keen to carry on. I've no doubt that he will be our coach for the next three years."

The man is a cock. Clarify his future? We appointed him 5 weeks ago, and have rebuffed their approach twice. What more clarification does he require considering he has allegedly met MM twice over the past couple of days on the issue, but also in another poisonous breath is saying he hasn't seen him since Sunday.

Leave our club you odious little man.

Keep the Faith. Milan has a plan. Promotion this year even if takes 20 managers, and he has only used 4 so far!

Milan has told me what he really wants. He's well aware that no Leicester manager has won his first match for over 50 years. He's sure he can get one this season who can crack that record. Towards the end of the season, he plans to have a new manager for every game - he's that desperate!

Someone on ChavTalk claims that Megson has walked out. Please be true!!

What a roller coaster season this is - you couldn't make it up!!! Wouldn't surprise me to see MM sell up soon, all this cant be good for his old age!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669