Oh dear. Poor old Cov.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/coventry_city/7033426.stm

US group ends Coventry interest

_42499407_coventry_203.gif

Coventry City have announced that American consortium Manhattan Sports Capital Partners Limited have withdrawn their interest in taking over the club.
The Sky Blues managing director Paul Fletcher resigned on Friday.
He told the Coventry Telegraph at the weekend that he had quit "because of the apparent withdrawal of all five potential buyers".
But the Championship club insist that buy-out talks are still progressing with a number of other parties.
Club director Joe Elliott said the Manhattan group's withdrawal was "bitterly disappointing" - and blamed it on problems with interest rates in the United States, the fluctuating price of the US dollar against the pound, as well as the business interests of the group's potential principle investor Sheldon Yellen.
"Everyone at the club is very sad the deal will not be going ahead after all parties have worked so hard to complete it for the last eight months," he said. "Unfortunately, it is the case with business that other factors often dictate deals and this is the situation here. Coventry City could not have worked harder for this investment to progress." Fletcher recently rejected rumours that Coventry - who are reportedly £28m in debt and do not own their ground, but are tenants at the Ricoh Arena - faced administration.

Last edited:

Nottingham Fox

Having read some articles on their problems, it appears they have an apalling relationship with the grounds owners. They are in all sorts of bother :081: :081:

Boy Genius

Banned
couldn't happen to a nicer team.......:081::081::081::081:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I am sure that we will have as much sympathy for them as they did for us when we were in similar straits.

Shame about the 10 point deduction though.

The Old Fox

I don't think this crowing becomes you chaps. As we know, if they do go into administration, it will be a miserable time for their fans and hard on players and staff whose livelihood would be threatened.
For all those on a different thread glibly suggesting that we don't need MM, I advise them to put their hands together and prey that we don't find out how much we need him: there but for the grace of God go we.

fcukcov

I don't think this crowing becomes you chaps. As we know, if they do go into administration, it will be a miserable time for their fans and hard on players and staff whose livelihood would be threatened.
For all those on a different thread glibly suggesting that we don't need MM, I advise them to put their hands together and prey that we don't find out how much we need him: there but for the grace of God go we.

bolloxs, I cant wait for it to happen.

western road

Considering that my relations are sky blue winkers and have been giving me ashitload of grief.......and there only a phonecall away, can I say, it could'nt happen to a nicer team

Lako42

Bull shit.

**** em, i wish admin on their tin pot club.

SJN-Fox

Absolutely.:038:

Ox Fox

die KovSkum die

Lboro fox

Bit harsh on Cov really, i dont like them but i dont think they deserve to go into admin as much as we did!! When we came down we went into admin due to all the ridiculus contracts we dished out to crap players, clubs going up these days are more canny to this. Cov have just been shite and skint for years, not really wasting money or spending that much so i do feel a bit sorry for them. Now if they were to lose 10 points over a disciplinary matter or even better due to crowd trouble, that would be amusing!!

Brauny Blue

Bit harsh on Cov really, i dont like them but i dont think they deserve to go into admin as much as we did!

OH YES THEY DO:077:.

I have Covscum fans at work reminding me even now of how we disgracefully bent the rules over our admin saga. Feck em i hope they fold up. Horrible shitty club.

pds

Having worked in Coventry for 2 shitty days last year I can happily say I'd love the worse possible things to happen to them.
Horrible place, horrible fans.

Brauny Blue

The thing that i always recall about covscum fans was from when i started my current job a few years ago. They seemed to have bolchy attitude because of them being in the top flight for 30 odd years. The young generation of covscum fans had never known anything else than playing in the big lge, and they took it for granted. They were always smarmy and sarcastic towards us, so to see their empire crumble was a truly delightful occasion. Even more so because they thought they were way too good for the championship and would automatically go straight back up:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669