Oh dear. Poor old Cov.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone hate Coventry? I lived there till '66 and I don't recall my old man telling me to hate them. I must've missed the "Covscum" years. :icon_conf
depends where in Leicestershire you come from. Covscum....cnuts the lot of 'em.

depends where in Leicestershire you come from. Covscum....cnuts the lot of 'em.

All I remember is my old man saying they really copped it in the second world war. Apparently they mistook Cov for Birmingham? :icon_conf

All I remember is my old man saying they really copped it in the second world war. Apparently they mistook Cov for Birmingham? :icon_conf

not several times they wouldn't. I thought it was because of the things they made there for the war.

not several times they wouldn't. I thought it was because of the things they made there for the war.

Dunno, my old man died a few years back. He was in the War. :102:

Have just seen on Sky text they are still in a serious financial mess. The club is losing £70,000 - £80,000 a week :eek:

Have just seen on Sky text they are still in a serious financial mess. The club is losing £70,000 - £80,000 a week :eek:
Losing because of normal operating costs?

Or losing because of a current investment plan?

Last edited:
I'd put my trust in Ray Mears. Mears the name, survival the game.

I think some of you are getting excited over nothing. Before Ranson took over Coventry had nearly £40million of debts, and were losing roughly £150,000 per week. Since Ranson took over they have no debts at all because the main creditor Geoffrey Robinson had to basically accept a small pence offer per share and lost a fortune.

The reason Coventry are still losing money is because at this moment the club doesn't own the stadium, (but are looking to purchase it from the council and the Derek Higgs trust who own 50% each). This will enable them to take a share of rock/pop concert reciepts, and any non-matchday things going on. They will also get the profits from food and drink sold on matchdays and at concerts.

On top of this Ranson is refusing to pay silly transfer fees or wages for players. As a founder of prozone he knows a players worth and as a succesful businessman he won't be taken for a ride by players and their inflated demands. So while news of Coventry still losing money hand over fist should bring us much glee, those of us in the know also know that they couldn't have a better man at the helm to steer them through the rocky waters. And having seen what a shambles our club has been under Mad Mandy, I'd take Mr Ranson every day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669