Olly is after Scott Sinclair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 'not good enough' just about sums this club really.

How pathetic we've become.

It’s embarrassing

Pfffffffft look at Chelsea........"racking and stacking".

I can actualy understand this, according to Holloway, our players are sent out on loan to gain experience and make their mistakes at other clubs, so we can't knock Alnwick for his poor punch against Watford as Holloway must expect a loanee to make mistakes ! I always thought you sent players out so that they would come back improved, having gained knowledge from a different type of training.
With the way Holloway plays players out of position, Sinclair is never going to get that with us.

I can actualy understand this, according to Holloway, our players are sent out on loan to gain experience and make their mistakes at other clubs, so we can't knock Alnwick for his poor punch against Watford as Holloway must expect a loanee to make mistakes ! I always thought you sent players out so that they would come back improved, having gained knowledge from a different type of training.
With the way Holloway plays players out of position, Sinclair is never going to get that with us.

Surely playing him out of position would give him experience because he wouldnt have played there before :102:

Oh no wait a minute you were just using it as another excuse to slag off Holloway :icon_roll

But this has got nothing to do with Holloway at all

It is the fact that our club are in the midst of an ugly relegation scrap, and Chelsea do not want one of their players to be taking in part in that type of desperate struggle whilst out on loan - they want him to be playing in a side full of confidence and good form and striving for promotion

The same principle would apply if we sacked Holloway today and appointed Dowie/Davies/Allardyce/Wenger etc. etc in his place

It was his loan spell at QPR before Crimbo they are moaning about

They don't want him playing for some shitty team scrapping away at the bottom of the league - if he's to go on loan they want him to play for somebody decent

Well it's a fact that players who come here do seem to get worse. Definitely an issue that needs to be sorted. And before some true believer sees my comments as another criticism of our outstanding current manager, I would point out that my observation would hold fora period of about the last 5 years now.

Well it's a fact that players who come here do seem to get worse. Definitely an issue that needs to be sorted. And before some true believer sees my comments as another criticism of our outstanding current manager, I would point out that my observation would hold fora period of about the last 5 years now.

Maybe your overall statement isn't but that bit is:icon_roll

Good decision by Chelski.

suppose its good thinking by chelsea because with us he would have learned how to play crap football and then become used to it, so when he went back to chelsea he'd started lumping long balls at drogba. we have that effect on players it seems.

Embarassing.

Should not have tried to sign a player out of our league in the first place.

Why have we signed two wingers if we need to go out and get another young one on loan?

Should not have tried to sign a player out of our league in the first place.

Why have we signed two wingers if we need to go out and get another young one on loan?

According to Holloway, the two Hungarians were only supposed to be back up for two others he was after. Does that mean he doesn't rate them that highly ?

According to Holloway, the two Hungarians were only supposed to be back up for two others he was after. Does that mean he doesn't rate them that highly ?

No it means they will take time to adjust to our country and football.

I think we have reached the point where Holloway needs to focus on getting sufficiently improved performances from his existing players to ensure that a chaotic season ends in us retaining our present status - rather than the club sink into League 1 and possibly a downward spiral.

Not many clubs are not going to allow talented young loanees to come here and struggle in the mess that we find ourselves in. We were lucky to pick up a keeper from Spurs - mind you he has still got to learn his trade.

No it means they will take time to adjust to our country and football.

How long do you give loan players to settle in ? The idea (imo) is that loan players are brought in to make an immediate impact.
What I posted was a direct quote from Holloway. ''the two Hungarians were only supposed to be back up for two others he was after''.

...I posted was a direct quote from Holloway. ''the two Hungarians were only supposed to be back up for two others he was after''.

Yes, I believe this to be true. And I'll post another suggestion about why it may be that we have 2 'cover' players in rather than a proven winger. As I posted elsewhere, I wonder if it is significant why MM slammed his wallet shut and LCFC did not acquire another midfielder or winger during the transfer window - perhaps MM really is weighing up if he might have to dismiss Holloway and therefore he felt there is no point throwing money away right now. Yes, he would have sanctioned getting Norris if the price hadn't gone sky high... but you would have thought they had a few back-up plans and targets for other reasonably-priced players. The dead-wood it is rumoured cost £3m to pay-off but it was thought that IH had more than this to spend, so why did no-one else come in? If Chelsea don't think LCFC are good enough, maybe MM doesn't think Holloway is either. I'm not in support of a managerial change, so I don't want to be attacked for suggestig one (I'm not) but I really wouldn't put it past MM to be using IH as a 'holding manager' now until Davies or Dowie take over in the summer. If IH's team nosedives into the bottom 3, he'll perhaps do it sooner rather than later.

Yes, I believe this to be true. And I'll post another suggestion about why it may be that we have 2 'cover' players in rather than a proven winger. As I posted elsewhere, I wonder if it is significant why MM slammed his wallet shut and LCFC did not acquire another midfielder or winger during the transfer window - perhaps MM really is weighing up if he might have to dismiss Holloway and therefore he felt there is no point throwing money away right now. Yes, he would have sanctioned getting Norris if the price hadn't gone sky high... but you would have thought they had a few back-up plans and targets for other reasonably-priced players. The dead-wood it is rumoured cost £3m to pay-off but it was thought that IH had more than this to spend, so why did no-one else come in? If Chelsea don't think LCFC are good enough, maybe MM doesn't think Holloway is either. I'm not in support of a managerial change, so I don't want to be attacked for suggestig one (I'm not) but I really wouldn't put it past MM to be using IH as a 'holding manager' now until Davies or Dowie take over in the summer. If IH's team nosedives into the bottom 3, he'll perhaps do it sooner rather than later.

Fair comments which may well be very close to the truth. We can only wait and see. The one thing I have wondered, would it have been worth paying the extra for Fulop, that extra may have been recouped by finishing further up the league. Or does the same apply as to what you suggest ?

So how come Chelsea think Sheffield Wednesday are better than us?

"Chelsea striker Ben Sahar is set to join Championship strugglers Sheffield Wednesday on-loan." (Daily Mirror)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669