On This Day.

Very moving video of the ceremony this afternoon seeing some players and staff paying tribute not only to Vichai but also to the others in the fateful crash who haven't been forgotten.

30 years ago today. A memorable evening for thousands of desperately thirsty fans.

In my top 3 rain soaked misery days.

Up there with a trip to Grimsby where someone decided to empty the North Sea into the ground via sideways rain & a memorable day at Bolton under a hole in the away end roof. Old school memories.

Also on this day. In 2006, we kicked Spuds out of the cup.
What fun that was.

Leicester: Douglas, Stearman, Maybury, Johansson, McCarthy, Hamill (Hammond 35), Smith (Kisnorbo 90), Gudjonsson, Williams, Hughes, de Vries.
Subs Not Used: Henderson, Hume, Dublin.

What fun that was.

Leicester: Douglas, Stearman, Maybury, Johansson, McCarthy, Hamill (Hammond 35), Smith (Kisnorbo 90), Gudjonsson, Williams, Hughes, de Vries.
Subs Not Used: Henderson, Hume, Dublin.
Christ, what a shit team that was! Not a lot of pace anywhere.

A mate of mine once got in to a scrap with Kisnorbo outside of Mosh. Why a grown man like Kisorbo would go to Mosh I have no idea.

Those were the days. I wasn't at the match myself but I understand it was a quite easy victory.

40 years ago today. **** me. I remember it so clearly.

Christ. So do I. 40 ****ing years ! I mean logically I know thats how long ago it is but still...****!.

I sold programmes outside the ground in those days so I always missed the first 20 mins or so while cashing up. When I was walking round the pitch to the Kop they were treating Wallington. & I watched him limp off. When I got to the Kop front gate the gate steward I always used to stand with updated me on everything. All I could think was "what a ****ing shit way to go out of the cup"

After it was all over I was convinced we were destined to win it.

My depression at Villa Park a few weeks later when we failed to even ****ing turn up & gifted Spurs 2 goals was amongst the worst I've ever felt. I actually even thought of it when I watched them self destruct against Chelsea to hand us the Prem. Talk about a long wait for retribution.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463