One Goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyhow, All you need to do is win games.
Hull have scored fewer goals and conceded more goals than us and are SEVEN points above us.
Drawing games is rubbish - they have to be won.

We have Nugent, Waghorn, Futacs, Vardy, Schlupp, Beckford for 2 positions up front, but only Moore, Morgan, Whitbread, St Ledger, Konchesky and de Laet for 4 at the back, (seems crazy that we let Tom Kennedy go, and if Morgan gets injured we are in real trouble). Nigel had the solution handed to him on a plate when Knockaert got a run down the middle, suddenly the opposition had no idea what we were going to do, we finally had invention which created space for the strikers and wide boys. However Nigel has gone back to trying not to lose games and has marginalised all his creativity on the flanks which makes them dead easy to defend against making it slow ball to the strikers which means at best they are half chances that we are creating. Nigel needs to loosen up and set out to win games from the start, with a bit of flair, to me this means playing Knockaert and Marshal both who can make a pass that unlocks defenses , and also Dyer who has the pace to do the same. The squad is about good enough although unbalanced, to me the big question is, has Nigel got the balls to chance his arm and go and win something. I think this is doubtful, when he lost the home leg of the play offs to Cardiff it showed his achilles heel as a manager...........petrified of losing !!!! The other thing that is really annoying at the moment is Drinkwater and King have lost the desire to receive the ball out of defense, it is easy to criticize Whitbread and Morgan for poor distribution, but spend 5 mins watching King and Danny boy, they are hiding, making the long hoof the only option 75% of the time.....Knockaert will definitely never hide !!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the 'pleasure dome'.

A very perceptive first post.

Yeah, welcome along ublues66. You should've posted a few days earlier, you'd have won Newcomer Of The Year handsdown.
I hope you manage to fix your keyboard and I look forward to your future posts containing actual paragraphs.
At this point, I'm supposed to include some sort of smiley to denote that I'm only messing with you, but I can't be arsed.

Yeah, welcome along ublues66. You should've posted a few days earlier, you'd have won Newcomer Of The Year handsdown.
I hope you manage to fix your keyboard and I look forward to your future posts containing actual paragraphs.
At this point, I'm supposed to include some sort of smiley to denote that I'm only messing with you, but I can't be arsed.
Except the fact that he joined in sep-11. So he may have spent some time in constructing that excellent post. Going at that rate we can expect his second post to become "post of the year" for 2014.

Been researching these paragraph things before I dare venture back. Got a lot off my mind with that post that had really been frustrating me and I imagine will continue to frustrate. I hope I've not shot all my load in one post, but I'm sure you can all sympathize with that issue !!

Been researching these paragraph things before I dare venture back. Got a lot off my mind with that post that had really been frustrating me and I imagine will continue to frustrate. I hope I've not shot all my load in one post, but I'm sure you can all sympathize with that issue !!

I actually had a mental image of you lying with your head on a pillow, smoking a fag after you'd made that post.
In my imagination though, the abused transvestite wrapped in cling-film, sobbing on the floor next to the bed looks absolutely terrified.

Good lad, as first posts go, you nailed it

Except the fact that he joined in sep-11. So he may have spent some time in constructing that excellent post. Going at that rate we can expect his second post to become "post of the year" for 2014.

You blew it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670