One Goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every game we have lost this season has been by a 1 goal deficit.

If thats not an improvement on previous seasons then I don't know what is. :102:

However, a one goal lead in this division counts for nothing.

So why is it that we can't seem to pull back once we go behind ?

We did against Barnsley. Teams change tactics to go more defensive and make it difficult to create chances.
That said we still create chances but are still having problems putting them away. Despite what some on here say, I believe we need a goalscorer in early once the transfer window opens.

Last edited:
We definitely need another striker. Purely on goals;

Beckford could/would score the required 15 or so required but either has the wrong attitude or has upset Pearson enough to be completely out of the frame.

Waghorn is a poor mans Hume. Just not going to happen for him.

Fuctas - see Beckford.

Nugent is a natural goal scorer who will get 15-20 goals a season.

Go buy a bloody striker or our promotion push will fail.

We definitely need another striker. Purely on goals;

Beckford could/would score the required 15 or so required but either has the wrong attitude or has upset Pearson enough to be completely out of the frame.

Waghorn is a poor mans Hume. Just not going to happen for him.

Fuctas - see Beckford.

Nugent is a natural goal scorer who will get 15-20 goals a season.

Go buy a bloody striker or our promotion push will fail.

How many has Beckford scored at Huddersfield?

How many has Beckford scored at Huddersfield?

I believe he has made 6 starts and scored 3 goals, 1 in 2. In all 3 instances his goal has turned one point into 3 for Huddersfield.

They want to keep him for some reason, strange.

Even discounting how man he has started/come on as a sub, his scoring rate at Huddersfield would be good enough to total seventeen over the course of a season. But it doesn't really matter because he won't be coming back. It is frustrating because I don't see how the decision to move him on can be based on talent alone. He is certainly a better player than Vardy and a bigger goal threat than Waghorn. Either there is something wrong personally between Pearson and Beckford or Beckford doesn't want to be here. What the situation does leave us with is a desperate need for another striker.

We can't make chances and miss them like we have been doing. Creating chances and missing them isn't bad luck as some like to claim; it's poor finishing. I'm also sick of people measuring our performance on shots on goal compared to the opposition. A shot on goal includes tame, speculative efforts from forty yards. That is not a chance.

I'm also fed up with those who point to our possession statistics by way of justifying defeats in the context of a 'good performance'. Us having lots of possession yet still not winning is evidence only that we are ineffective with the ball. There is no movement and no creativity after the first twenty minutes of a match. The reason our opponents beat us despite having fewer shots on goal is because they are creative enough to fashion real chances and clinical enough to put them away.

There is also this reliance on the argument that we play 'good football'. We certainly did earlier in the season and we manage it for the first twenty minutes of home matches. After than we resort to hopeful punts up the pitch, percentage football. Which is fine when you have players capable of winning the second ball. Unfortunately, we don't.

I know this won't matter for those who don't want promotion and hanker after third division football. But I want my team to be successful and if that's to happen there are things which need rectifying, quickly, if that's to happen.

Those who want cheap football with no worries about the result can go to watch the local non-league sides. I do on occasion and it's great for what it is but it isn't the same for me as watching my team and wanting them to win.

You pair should get a room and release all of this pent-up frustration.

I was merely answering a question and adding a bit of extra info which I thought the original poster may appreciate.

I was merely answering a question and adding a bit of extra info which I thought the original poster may appreciate.

And I did. 3 in 6 is a good return and if he was consistent over the season would be great. If you read my previous, I am a fan of Rockford and was disappointed when he went, however, I don't think he is the be all and end all solution any more than I think Danns is.

Reading recent threads I have become convinced that we are a club in crisis - perhaps even meltdown.

We were comprehensively humiliated 1-0 by Cardiff one of the poorest sides in the Championship. At the moment there are four sides above us in the table.No wonder Forest, Derby and Leeds fans are laughing at our expense.

It is all Nigel Pearson's fault. First time here he took a successful side created by Martin Allen and ruined them. Thankfully the board ended up pushing Pearson out. It took Sousa, Eriksson and a great deal of money to repair the damage Pearson had done. In 2011 Pearson inherited a team that was romping away with the league. Since Pearson returned we have gone down hill rapidly. His signings have been a disaster. De Laet, Morgan Drinkwater, Vardy, Marshall and Knockaert are all useless and deservedly languishing in the reserves. Meanwhile proven and reliable defenders like Mills and Paintsil have been let go.

In the last ten years we became known for how quickly we changed our managers. The unforgetable season of 2008-9 saw us have fours. I believe that it is the constant turnover of managers that has helped make the last decade such a glorious one on the history of the club.

Reading recent threads I have become convinced that we are a club in crisis - perhaps even meltdown.

We were comprehensively humiliated 1-0 by Cardiff one of the poorest sides in the Championship. At the moment there are four sides above us in the table.No wonder Forest, Derby and Leeds fans are laughing at our expense.

It is all Nigel Pearson's fault. First time here he took a successful side created by Martin Allen and ruined them. Thankfully the board ended up pushing Pearson out. It took Sousa, Eriksson and a great deal of money to repair the damage Pearson had done. In 2011 Pearson inherited a team that was romping away with the league. Since Pearson returned we have gone down hill rapidly. His signings have been a disaster. De Laet, Morgan Drinkwater, Vardy, Marshall and Knockaert are all useless and deservedly languishing in the reserves. Meanwhile proven and reliable defenders like Mills and Paintsil have been let go.

In the last ten years we became known for how quickly we changed our managers. The unforgetable season of 2008-9 saw us have fours. I believe that it is the constant turnover of managers that has helped make the last decade such a glorious one on the history of the club.

Very good 9/10. One point deducted for being right.

Very good post. You win one man-hug as a prize.

Too late for my vote for post of the year

No question that Pearson is an improvement on dear old Sven but not enough of an improvement and my guess is that he will never take Leicester into the Premier League.

Of course there is a time honoured view that you never acheive anything by chopping and changing managers. Consistency and perseverence are wonderful things. Unfortunately what happens when the people that matter and whose investment is at stake stop believing that the dream is not going to be realised.

In my opinion we are near the tipping point. Today's game looks difficult and because of the last three results is more than usually important - especially as we trail a mediocre promotion rival and are in danger of being cut adrift if we were to lose. It will be interesting to see how much cash the owners are prepared to back Pearson's judgement with in the January window.

We aren't near a tipping point, it's all about continuance, stability and growth.

Chopping managers is the same as trying to divine which of a hundred relations got a Coventry girl pregnant. The thing is, if you weren't buying in to the entire pre-season 'buy our season tickets now' bollocks you wouldn't now be getting agitated about not automatically qualifying.

There again, when all you achieve each season is mid-table mediocrity, there's something exciting about a manager chase.

We aren't near a tipping point, it's all about continuance, stability and growth.

Chopping managers is the same as trying to divine which of a hundred relations got a Coventry girl pregnant. The thing is, if you weren't buying in to the entire pre-season 'buy our season tickets now' bollocks you wouldn't now be getting agitated about not automatically qualifying.

There again, when all you achieve each season is mid-table mediocrity, there's something exciting about a manager chase.
Rich must be cockahoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670