O'Neill resigns as Villa manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shows just how good a manager MON really is, every club he leaves he has "taken them as far as he can".

Well, as usual, I wish him the worst where ever he goes, to whichever club he next takes to as far as he can. Fecking mardy arsed twat!

As far as I can see, he was mainly responsible for making the Villa a 'top six' club. Then the owner decides to sell off (both this season and last season) their best player without re-investing the Milner potential money in new players.

I think that O'Neill has shown some integrity in resigning if he doesn't believe that this is the right policy to take the club forward.

I sense that his personality is a bit too quirky to be appointed as manager/ head coach at one of the very top European clubs e.g. Man U or Barcelona but I think he is amongst the most intelligent operators in the game.

I suspect that the Villa will not finish as high this season as last.

As far as I can see, he was mainly responsible for making the Villa a 'top six' club. Then the owner decides to sell off (both this season and last season) their best player without re-investing the Milner potential money in new players.

Although selling your best player is never ideal, given the amount of money being talked about (£30m) I think most clubs become 'selling clubs' to Man City. That's the same amount that Barca bid for Fabregas.

And it's not like RL hasn't backed MON; over the last 5 years he's spent the 2nd highest net amount after Man City, and a lot of his signings have been pretty mediocre at best.

I still maintain MON is a great manager of a lower club where he has to make do with what he has, but his determination to only buy young English players at full price will mean that he'll never become a top manager. If anything, he's more comparable to Sam Allardyce or similar in the league.

I think that O'Neill has shown some integrity in resigning if he doesn't believe that this is the right policy to take the club forward.

Really? 5 days before the start of the season, even though he probably knew of RL's plans 2 months ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669