O'Neill To Go Full Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

Re: O'Neil To Go Full Circle

A benign dictator like MON wouldn't last two seconds under our owners.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
It seems Mirror 'journalists' simply glance at messageboards and turn the most ludicrous posts into news articles.

glyn

Just nonsense. A few lines to fill space, with no substantive story at all.

Northants_Fox

I would love it....just love it. However, alas such good things rarely happen to Leicester. We will probably end up with someone like Dowie.

Having said that....until we get to that point of dissapointment, we can dream.....O'Neil with mega buck to spend, storming up the league, making the play offs at the final game of the season. Izzet at Watford with a rare headed goal and Clarridge doing the business at Wembley.

Brown Nose

Difficult to see where next for MON.

He isn't getting the England job or a top club job. He either wants a minor international job or a challenge. If we offered him money and control, taking us on would be the sort of weird, romantic thing that could appeal to him.

Stranger things have happened. Not many, but some.

4-4-2

As much as I love O'Neill, I'm not a fan of managers, or even players, going back. If, and it's a big if, he came back, what would happen if it didn't work out? I don't want to be pessimistic - I'm usually the opposite - but I'm a little unsure. Having said that, he's done pretty damn well wherever he's gone and he'd certainly get bums on seats.

Last edited:

Brown Nose

As much as I love O'Neill, I'm not a fan of managers, or even players, going back. If, and it's a big if, he came back, what would happen if it didn't work out? I don't want to be pessimistic - I'm usually the opposite - but I'm a little unsure. Having said that, he's done pretty damn well wherever he's gone and he'd certainly get bums on seats.

It's the only move that would instantly put 6-7,000 on the gates and generate huge optimism and positivity.

We also have a squad that he could turn into winners easily.

Depends on what he wants to do and whether the owners demonstrate that they want him enough.

Hector

When I saw this thread title I assumed he was going back to Wycombe ....or even Grantham Town!

SJN-Fox

Last edited:

spionfox

I still have my Leicester Mercury "DON'T GO MARTIN!" poster. I could think about using it again in a few years :)

Redditch Fox

I'm struggling to think of too many reasons why Martin O'Neill would want to come back to Leicester - other than managing some top flight away side in a cup competition.

Don't know much about the 'O'Neil' bloke mentioned in the thread.

I guess there will always be desparate out of work ex-football managers or managers disillusioned with their current jobs, but I doubt if MON fits into either of these categories.

My best shot is that Sousa should be sacked - like today; Chris Powell given a chance on a temporary basis; MM should vacate Leicester asap - and then see where we are regarding achieving some stability and sense that might attract a decent candidate for the manager job.

I'm not optimistic because even then we are likely to be stuck with owners who are not grounded in developing the club in the right way.

kanefire166

if the new thai owners can get martin oneill back to the promised land of leicester it will be the biggest coup since man utd signed cantona for £1m , god i hope this is true ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669