O'Neill To Go Full Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: O'Neil To Go Full Circle

The only way this is happening is if I win the £82m Euro millions jackpot on Friday... in which case I'm joining the board and spuffing £62m on O'Neil and players.

Mongie or not. I'd love it.

Always been a massive fan of his, obviously.

I know that isn't the popular stance on here (seems more fun to go after his ego, gang of four, quitter, moaner, clough wannabe angle) but I truly regard him as a city legend and an excellent manager.

So there.

:094:

And of course, I'm aware this speculation is pure bollocks. But at this point allowing myself to drift off into far-flung imaginary dreamscapes beats dealing with the reality.

Are people honestly that blinded by MON's success here that they think he could be a genuine contender for the ManUtd job?

He is nowhere near of the standard, nor has the record to manage one of Europe's top clubs. ManUtd would probably laugh his application out of office.

Are people honestly that blinded by MON's success here that they think he could be a genuine contender for the ManUtd job?

He is nowhere near of the standard, nor has the record to manage one of Europe's top clubs. ManUtd would probably laugh his application out of office.

Are you forgetting his success with Villa?

Are you forgetting his success with Villa?

You mean squandering millions upon millions of pounds on average players. Roughly spending the same amount as ManUtd or Arsenal on transfers in his reign there and still never finishing above 6th? :102: Hardly what I'd call success.

Last edited:
You mean squandering millions upon millions of pounds on average players. Roughly spending the same amount as ManUtd or Arsenal on transfers in his reign there and still never finishing above 6th? :102: Hardly what I'd call success.

Yes thats the one :icon_lol:

Actually just looking through soccerbase, he spent a good £12million more on transfers than Arsenal did during his 4 years there!

Last edited:
Actually just looking through soccerbase, he spent a good £12million more on transfers than Arsenal did during his 4 years there!

and their wage bill is one of the highest in the prem (sorry, no suorce, remember reading it in a paper)

I thought he did a terrific job at Villa. At the conclusion of his reign had they spent or sold more money? Just honestly wondering, don't know the answer.

Let's see how Villa fare over the next few years (my bet is they don't finish anywhere near sixth for a while).

MONs record cannot be discounted what he did at Leicester and Celtic, getting them to the UEFA Cup final, was exceptional.
Time will tell if his spell at Villa will be judged as a success relatively.

I would interested in your views as to who would be a contender for the Manure job?

Its a bit off to compare his spending at Villa with what Arse spent in that time. If you bare in mind the squad that he had when he took over with the squad Arsenal had its quite clear why there was need for them to spend more.

The only way this is happening is if I win the £82m Euro millions jackpot on Friday... in which case I'm joining the board and spuffing £62m on O'Neil and players.

Thanks for the tip I will have a go at the Euro millions myself. :)

I am amazed how anybody can question O'Neill's management skills.

Typical of some Leicester fans ,best manager we have EVER had in our history...yet he is still s**t in some eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669