Online Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIETASTER

Hello People

an Online Petition has been set up to show how angry we are at this decision. It probably wont change the decision that has already been made but we can at least show our anger at this decision.

If you feel like signing it then please do!

http://www.petitiononline.com/WSKS2004/petition.html

although being from the OS board this is all a bit technical for me so not sure if the link will work!!

Already done it, luckily I am number 7.

"The Stadium of Lost Identity"

oooooh that sounds good.

Joe_Fox said:
Already done it, luckily I am number 7.

"The Stadium of Lost Identity"

oooooh that sounds good.

I'm No. 17

Come on people, If you don't have a say you don't have a choise

Teeno said:
Look whos no79 bless him :)

So he still looks at these forums. Cheers Malf. :wink:

Number 14 proves James Walker is still alive and well. :wink:

And you could say he was "the voice of reason", couldn't you ?

Please forward the link to the petition to everyone you know in your e-mail contacts that would be interested! We have to keep this rolling!

Am I missing something. This is great news. Its logical and ambitious. Why all the negativity. We should all be celebrating the fact that Leicester is becoming one of the most ambitious and exciting cities in Britain. Why do we still have such a small town mentality.

The club will get more money this way to spend on players - good thing.

The club will ownthe ground again ensuring we have somewhere to play for ever more - good thing.

Leicester will have more world class international events held in the city - good thing.

The stadium will be the home of two of the greatest sporting clubs in the world - excellent thing.

Please can we leave the 'if it ain't broken don't fix it' mentality in the dark ages where it belongs. This proposal is just one more step towards Leicester becoming the best city in the Midlands. We are the 9th biggest city in Britain - bigger offically than Nottingham. Let's embrace it, act like it and enjoy it.

Need I remind you lot that Leicester still features in the list of the country's 50 crappest towns - this will help us to get off that list.

The only thing I care about is the on field success of LCFC, and I cant see how this proposal could make us less succesful.

Where are we going at the moment? Where do you see us in 10 years. I would hazard a guess we will be no better than midtable premiership.

The only way to bring real success to the club is to increase the amount of money we spend on players. You CAN buy success, and although I too have concerns about loosing some of our identity i feel it is worth taking this brave step looking for something 'better'.

The club will get more money this way to spend on players - good thing

It has been stated that there will be no cash injection into the club as part of this deal. There will be nothing new to spend on players

The club will ownthe ground again ensuring we have somewhere to play for ever more - good thing.

The club will not own the ground. The ground will be in the hands of a separate holding company, and the club will continue to rent it in the same way that they do now

I think Davies has been wanking too much again.

Joe_Fox said:
I think Davies has been wanking too much again.

Wonder what the kitten count is?!?!?!

Its a terrible idea. All the years I have been going to LCFC, it has been at LCFC's home. They, and they alone have played in the stadium. Part of what makes us Leicester fans is that it is a place full of our memories or in our case now, where our dreams can be realised. Blue and white, and a trophy case full of our achievements.

By doing this it waters down what it means to be Leicester and dilutes our identity. Who wants to be faced with effergies of Tigers, and Martin Johnson as they go into their home FOOTBALL ground. LCFC should remain a seperate entity. Its OUR club, and it is no longer in OUR hands...that we as fans were never asked what we want really offends me.

And to the person who called me an idiot...can you not construct an argument? Now I know why some animals eat thier young!

Maybe they could introduce a system whereby each fan pays the equivelant of what a season ticket would cost for a cardboard cut-out of a Football/Rugby Fan. It would save us all the bother of having to attend the matches and the club would save on Stewarding/Policing therefore securing a better future with the money saved on not having real fans.

Who are the people who will run this new company?

Will it be a non profit making company?

Was the Foxes Trust consulted on this? When this club was on it's knees we put our hands in our pockets to raise money which the trust invested into the new club on the understanding that there would be consultations on issues like this, we might aswell have gone on the piss with the money.

If I was involved in the running of the Trust I would be furious about this, they should organise some sort of protest regardless of what we think about this stadium issue.

Hopefully the Foxes Trust's lack of posting today is because they are fuming and getting a case together to take to Davies (hopefully they'll egg him aswell, prick)

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
The only thing I care about is the on field success of LCFC, and I cant see how this proposal could make us less succesful.

Where are we going at the moment? Where do you see us in 10 years. I would hazard a guess we will be no better than midtable premiership.

The only way to bring real success to the club is to increase the amount of money we spend on players. You CAN buy success, and although I too have concerns about loosing some of our identity i feel it is worth taking this brave step looking for something 'better'.

So just ride over the feelings of City and Tigers fans for 'Success'?

Like it or not for most people LCFC is more than what goes on on-field. If you want success go and watch Man United, this runs deeper.

Bobby Smith said:
Foxes_Never_Quit said:

So just ride over the feelings of City and Tigers fans for 'Success'?

Like it or not for most people LCFC is more than what goes on on-field. If you want success go and watch Man United, this runs deeper.

Sums it up really does'nt it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670