Online Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
306 on the list 'Don't Do This... Football Fans Are Hooligans. Don't Let Them Ruin A Respectable Sport!'

I am sorry but comments like that really piss me off, what the hell has that got to do with a ground share.

Also if it is so respectable how come half the problem for Tigers fans is lack of beer and pubs near the ground. :roll:

Bobby Smith said:
So just ride over the feelings of City and Tigers fans for 'Success'?(

Sorry. Is that not what we are all here for?
Above all else, I want Leicester City Football Club to be successful.

What are your priorities?

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Bobby Smith said:
So just ride over the feelings of City and Tigers fans for 'Success'?(

Sorry. Is that not what we are all here for?
Above all else, I want Leicester City Football Club to be successful.

What are your priorities?

I want Leicester City to win everything, have the best support, the best players. I would like LCFC to respect their supporters and listen to their opinions, I would like LCFC stop talking to me like a child and telling me that we will be having a 'Super Stadium', I want Leicester City to be a club of some real foundations that understands the history of football and recognises that all the 90's Irish themed pubs have gone because they had no substance. I want Leicester City to play in the best Stadium in the country not half of it.

When we left Filbert Street we had 21,000 Blue seats, under this new plan we will have alot less than that.

Like everyone else on the 'NOOOOOOOOOOO' Team you are a pathetic bigot Mr Smith. Don't ever allow the facts to get in the way of your prejudice.

I would like you to explain how, just how, a bit of Tigers livery reduces the Walkers capacity to 'less than 21,000?'

bonehead said:
Like everyone else on the 'NOOOOOOOOOOO' Team you are a pathetic bigot Mr Smith. Don't ever allow the facts to get in the way of your prejudice.

I would like you to explain how, just how, a bit of Tigers livery reduces the Walkers capacity to 'less than 21,000?'

Try to argue your case without the abuse.

21,000 capacity where did I say that?

You seem to be as stubborn as me so I will give in to your knowledge and say that this is all an excellent idea with no drawbacks. Otherwise I could be on here forever and never get a chance to visit the Super Stadium.

The board are trying to do something that will help the club to be more successfull and so far the main objection seams to be "Green seats"
Amazing,

I do not understand the objection to sharing the ground. It has to be better for city.

LCFC will own 50% of the ground
It will give us better long term security.
All the fixed costs ie: Repayments, rates and ground maintenance will be shared.
More money for both clubs to spend on players.
We wont have to suffer the parking problems that happen when both clubs play at the same time.

The only problems that I can think of are:
The damage that is done to the pitch
The scheduling of matches
Convincing the fans from two different sporting cultures that the ground sharing can be to everyones advantage
Loss of identity

The pitch is going to be modified so it can withstand the grief rugby gives it. I doubt it will be a artificial pitch, there is a turf that is made up of a matrix of polimer strips and real grass that is more durable than grass

The scheduling of the matches is not a problem.

The hardest problem will be dealing with the fans from both clubs and if the clubs are to win the support of ther fans they must communicate the plans clearly to the fans

New ground, new identity and combining the tigers and city can only strengthen it.

People always react in the same way to change. Firstly they object to it happening, then they find the reasons why they object. The problem is never the change itself, its the fear of the unknown that causes all the problems and the objections. Once we understand how they propose the ground sharing to work and the pro's and cons, then deciede if it is good or bad.

I can see the future headlines "LCFC in administration again because fans dont like green seats"

God. help us

step said:
The board are trying to do something that will help the club to be more successfull and so far the main objection seams to be "Green seats"
Amazing,

I do not understand the objection to sharing the ground. It has to be better for city.

LCFC will own 50% of the ground
It will give us better long term security.
All the fixed costs ie: Repayments, rates and ground maintenance will be shared.
More money for both clubs to spend on players.
We wont have to suffer the parking problems that happen when both clubs play at the same time.

The only problems that I can think of are:
The damage that is done to the pitch
The scheduling of matches
Convincing the fans from two different sporting cultures that the ground sharing can be to everyones advantage
Loss of identity

The pitch is going to be modified so it can withstand the grief rugby gives it. I doubt it will be a artificial pitch, there is a turf that is made up of a matrix of polimer strips and real grass that is more durable than grass

The scheduling of the matches is not a problem.

The hardest problem will be dealing with the fans from both clubs and if the clubs are to win the support of ther fans they must communicate the plans clearly to the fans

New ground, new identity and combining the tigers and city can only strengthen it.

People always react in the same way to change. Firstly they object to it happening, then they find the reasons why they object. The problem is never the change itself, its the fear of the unknown that causes all the problems and the objections. Once we understand how they propose the ground sharing to work and the pro's and cons, then deciede if it is good or bad.

I can see the future headlines "LCFC in administration again because fans dont like green seats"

God. help us

when you posted this very post earlier on - you failed to realise then this is not about green seats but history/heritage and idetity and that does run deeper than green seats - 120 years worth. City fans help save this club and there has been no consultation on what is a major change for leicester city (and for the tigers for that matter - great history - were their fans asked - no!).

You shouting the odds about city fans moaning about green seats and scaremongering about administration isn't going to win anyone over to your argu :evil: ment.

I agree with you about the history/heritage and identity of both clubs, but I would suggest that by combining two great clubs the identity would be strengthened. It would be unique and give a much better future for both clubs.

This is not just about playing on the same pitch. This is about trying to create the best rugby club in the world, with a ground and capacity to suit.
and if it helps LCFC along the way, all well and good.

Does combining the grounds give both clubs a better future?

I think it does, but as I dont know all the facts, I am not 100% sure

There is a knee jerk reaction against this proposal and the fans could actually stop this move if they complain enough and they may actually regreat this once they know the facts.

Therefore please bare in mind that people always react in the same way to change. Firstly they object to it happening, then they find the reasons why they object. The problem is never the change itself, its the fear of the unknown that causes all the objections.

Once we understand how they propose the ground sharing to work and the pro's and cons, then deciede if it is a good or a bad idea.

so far, all i can see are how it benefits the Tigers.

for me, i want to know where the club will be getting the money to 'co-buy' the ground. surely if they have this money then it would make more sense to sort something out with Teachers by ourselves??

and although the tigers will contribute towards the running costs of the stadium(as they should if they will be using it) we will get NO income from them as they will(quite rightly) get the proceeds from their ticket sales and merchandising revenue.

but what really narks me off about all this is that once again this boards have done all this without asking US,the fans, the people who REALLY matter. without the fans,neither club would be what they are.

this happened with the name of the ground(until we demonstrated and they backtracked, the name of the Club, until after our petitions etc were given the chance to vote and they backtracked.....

my head CAN understand what they are trying to say about it being financially better etc etc but my HEART screams NO!!!
until i see the serious questions posed on here and other forums answered to the satisfaction of the majority and the fears of many about the entire look of the ground is allayed then i will oppose this idea.

from what i understand it has already been said that everything will be moved from Welford road to the WS( i assume this is all the memorabilia etc) it will be interesting to see where this will be put/stored as not all of it can be used due to our own stuff.

so far today(or yesterday) it seems more likely to be pandering to the needs of the Rugby Club to the detriment of the football Club. all i've heard on the radio and tv and internet is how the tigers can do this, how more City fans can now go and watch the Tigers play when City are away etc etc....

i've signed the petition my boyf has set up simply because i am a CITY supporter NOT a Tigers fan. and i don't want them to be morphed into one.

Couple of good posts with the message of wait and see. I suspect it is a done deal so anything we say will be ignored. It would be nice to get a fully budgeted break down so we can see the benefits for ourselves.

That will get shrouded in too commercially sensitive, so we have to trust the board when they are not giving lots of reasons to do so.

Besides, I already support another Rugby side. :wink:

well i'm on radio leicester this morning!!

between 9am and 10am.... there's me!!! bill anderson,peter jones,tudor thomas,blethyn jones, and ian cockerill.

errrr..... so it's only me who doen't really want to see this happen then? :?

i think i might need to be diplomatic

good on you beaumont.

beaumontfox said:
why was i the only one representing LCFC??

all blinkin egg chasers everywhere............... i thought i put my views across as well as being diplomatic!

BF, sorry I did not hear you.
I think it goes back to what you have said, all you can see is the benifit for the Tigers. Welford road is old and not big enough, they can not afford to build thier own ground so see LCFC as a soft touch after admin and move in. What makes it worse is if the story of trying to buy the ground whilst we were in admin :shock: Talk about sleeping with the enemy.

well it does p1$$ me off that the maority of tigers fans think this is about them helping US out...when i personally think it's THEM wanting to share our ground and reap the benefits and then just wait for things go pearshaped this end and shove us out the back door into the cold!!

not that i'm angry about this..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00