Our Released Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to Dabizas he does say nice things about the Club. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

OS said:
Dabizas "Premiership Beckons For City"

Nikos Dabizas has backed Leicester City to return to the Premiership sooner rather than later.

The Greek defender, who has been released by the Foxes after initially arriving at the club in January 2004, is convinced that with the current management team in place, the top flight remains a realistic target.

The 31-year-old said: "I had a meeting with the manager recently and he informed me that they would not be offering me a new contract, simply because they would not be able to afford it.

"I fully appreciate and respect what the club are trying to do; it does make sense for the good of the club.

"No doubt this is the turning point for Leicester to redefine its priorities, set the new targets and try to achieve them.

"I believe with the current manager and serious planning the club will soon be back in the Premier League," Dabizas added on his official site.

Dabizas, who secured a European Championship winners medal with Greece last year, made 57 appearances for the Foxes and helped himself to two goals.

The former Newcastle United star said: "I had a really good time at Leicester and I am leaving the club with many good memories.

"The fans, Micky Adams and Craig Levein, the chairman, chief executive and all the other members of staff have always been there for me and have been very supportive.

"I'd like to believe that I lived up to their expectations both on a personal and professional level."

Dabizas is now keen to find another club prior to the start of the 2005/06 campaign.

"I need to find a new team to continue my career. I believe I have a few more good football years in front of me and as such I will look to join a team that can offer me the opportunity to compete at the highest level," he added.

Source

just shows that even he knows we will do better without him!!

I am by no means a fan of his but I am surprised Scowcroft hasn't been snapped up by someone yet...perhaps time will tell.

highland fox said:
I am by no means a fan of his but I am surprised Scowcroft hasn't been snapped up by someone yet...perhaps time will tell.

Palace were interested....

drummindefender said:
ipswich now bent has gone and they're still in the championship?

They've lost Bent, Miller and Kuqi, as well as their keeper

They'll be desperate to sign somebody, just to get 11 players on the pitch

Even "The Mole"

Don't think he featured much at all when he went back on loan.. :?

MKFox said:

Quite - a bit of a disaster for him - not a single goal.

I've always thought that there were only limited opportunities for non-scoring 'strikers'. I would have thought Ipswich was not a decent bet for him - I think he may have to drop down a division or possible another struggling club in our division.

Redditch Fox said:
MKFox said:

I've always thought that there were only limited opportunities for non-scoring 'strikers'. I would have thought Ipswich was not a decent bet for him - I think he may have to drop down a division or possible another struggling club in our division.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Hull City.

highland fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
MKFox said:

I notice that Stoke are allegedly interested in signing him - I think that shows his rating in the game.

As I have always said - 'utility player' means not good enough to hold down a regular place in any specific position.

Redditch Fox said:
highland fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
MKFox said:

As I have always said - 'utility player' means not good enough to hold down a regular place in any specific position.

Like Kisnorbo and sylla you mean ;-)

highland fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
highland fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
MKFox said:

Probably, but let's hope they have a bit of spark about them at least. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

highland fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
highland fox said:
Redditch Fox said:
MKFox said:

Look, the last thing I want is to have a reputation on this forum as a miserable old git - who thinks everything about the club today is crap and only testerday's players were any good!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669