Our striker problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
MDV has proved that he cannot compete at this level. FACT

Maybe, maybe not, but I think you'll find that last season he scored as many goals as Matty Fryatt (you know, the wonder kid goal scorer), in just slightly fewer appearances.

(I wait to be corrected.)

Maybe, maybe not, but I think you'll find that last season he scored as many goals as Matty Fryatt (you know, the wonder kid goal scorer), in just slightly fewer appearances.

(I wait to be corrected.)

Regardless of the stats, when MdV put in the poor quality of performance we have seen from Fryatt this season, then MdV was widely crucified.

Fryatt still seems immune to this treatment - perhaps a legacy from last season.

At present I would welcome MdV back, though I suspect Robert Kelly would not!

Regardless of the stats, when MdV put in the poor quality of performance we have seen from Fryatt this season, then MdV was widely crucified.

Fryatt still seems immune to this treatment - perhaps a legacy from last season.

Agreed, Mdv got an unfair amount of criticism, as had been said before too many people have made their judgements before actually watching the performance.

Agreed, Mdv got an unfair amount of criticism, as had been said before too many people have made their judgements before actually watching the performance.

in the same way that fryatt was hailed as god while putting in an occasional decent performance among other games which were pretty pap. i might be wrong but i think MDV has actually still scored more than fryatt despite being absent. i was thinking today while at work (first time for everything) that what would i think if i got home to find one of our better players had been sold....glad for the money, but would anyone trust RK to spend the feckin money? strikers, magic beans? i have an idea what he would end up spending it on

It was the same with MDV and Banjo Boy. Banjo Boy could do no wrong despite missing 5 or 6 easy chances per game, MDV took all the flack for it

Fryatt is white and cannot do no wrong, a long long standing problem with the fans of our club

MDV was a £75,000 Striker he scored a few and always appeared to try but he won't come back here not after the treatment he got from sections of our 'fans'

Fryatt is white and cannot do no wrong, a long long standing problem with the fans of our club

I don't think that's an issue here. Fryatt is a 19 y/o who has various England bits and bobs, they shine to him. De Vries was a big lad (often changed to big lump) from the Scottish League who had the title 'scored 4 on his Hearts debut) and struggled to have any potential because of his age.

i dont think so-heskey got a bit of criticism but i think overall he was a fans favourite mainly due to being a local lad-i don't think a players race is an issue

look at a lot of the players the fans get on the backs of easily, and I am afraid you might change your mind.

look at a lot of the players the fans get on the backs of easily, and I am afraid you might change your mind.

it is worrying.

the white players that get stick, tiatto, williams etc do at least get given credit when they play well.

but the black (?) players, once they have got on the wrong side of fans find it impossible to get back on however good they play

What about Andy Impey then and Dean Sturridge? Both were particularly average, but never suffered major flak as say Alan Rogers and John Curtis.

Feck off Hazza, this shows you have never been to many matches if you stand by that statement

Lewis was crap, Hammond cant score, Impey I thought was average and I never seen him received any abuse and Sinclair I thought was a bit of a cult hero.

see you are as bad as what I am trying to get over, Elvis has scored more than that useless lump Fryatt this season

Feck off Hazza, this shows you have never been to many matches if you stand by that statement

I was a season ticket holder between the years them when they played. Filbert Street's last two years and then Walkers till Levein's second season.

I did once hear a rumour that Sturridge would only train with black players in protest at somthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566