Our Young Players

homer

Of all the youngsters with 'potential' that we've seen over recent years johnson is the only one that looks as though he might be anywhere even close to actually making a success of it all

Last edited by a moderator:

ThaiSweetChilli

Barnes too
Definitely Barnes - 5 goals in 14 Championship appearances last season in his first season at the level is brilliant. I'm super excited to see what he can do.

Exciting times if these youngsters can excel. They need, apart from their own drive and determination, to have enough lucky breaks and good performances when given the opportunity to do so but also a boss who believes in drafting them into the team.

TornadoShaunUK

I'd say it's more likely going to be the next Tom Lawrence. Decent at Championship level, never really looks good enough when I've seen him play for us. Same goes for Callum Elder and a host of others. I think Darnell and Hamza are two that are good enough to break into our team. We've not seen much of Ndukwu or Josh Gordon above U23 level but they looked like they've got potential in the Valencia friendly. Early days yet on them two.

Lako42

I haven't seen anything from Hamza that suggests he should be in the 1st team.

Might come good but not seeing anything in particular

ThaiSweetChilli

I'd say it's more likely going to be the next Tom Lawrence. Decent at Championship level, never really looks good enough when I've seen him play for us. Same goes for Callum Elder and a host of others. I think Darnell and Hamza are two that are good enough to break into our team. We've not seen much of Ndukwu or Josh Gordon above U23 level but they looked like they've got potential in the Valencia friendly. Early days yet on them two.
The same mightve been said about Harry Kane when he was on loan to us. I didn't see anything particular special about him then. We can't rule Barnes out just yet imo.

His loan moves are going to be essential for his development. If he has a strongseason at WBA this year I think he'll be given the chance for us next season.

fitz

The same mightve been said about Harry Kane when he was on loan to us. I didn't see anything particular special about him then. We can't rule Barnes out just yet imo.

His loan moves are going to be essential for his development. If he has a strongseason at WBA this year I think he'll be given the chance for us next season.
Kane was about as much use as that Collins Joan we borrowed for a bit. Utter turd and the ball just bounced off him. Just goes to show eh?

Mike - True Blue Tinter

This all seems good for our academy at last.

It seems to have been only Heskey and Stearman that have been memorable successes in the last 15 years, or have I forgotten anyone?

M17TT C

Didn't King join us from Chelsea a year or 2 before he started getting involved with the first team??

I wouldn't really count him but the others were all with us for a number of years before making the step up.

You've also all forgotten Steff Oakes too.

Miles Away

Jon Stevenson was class for Oadby.

Stuart Wilson too but at Shepshed Dynamo.

Didn’t Jon Ashton have a semi-decent career for Oxford?

City Fan

Didn't King join us from Chelsea a year or 2 before he started getting involved with the first team??
He came to us when he was 15, 4 years before getting involved with the first team.

I’d count him as one of our own personally.

LCFC Twitter

1. RT @ricbpereira: We didn’t get the win but we take a point on the road 💪🏾 Thanks to the fans for the support once again 👏🏾 @LCFC @premierl

2. RT @vardy7: 👂🤣⚽️ @LCFC https://t.co/VFvllLdF1m

3. RT @BenChilwell: Tough game today, good character to come back and get the draw. Congrats @harveybarnes97 on your first goal for the club🔥…

4. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, #lcfc fans! 👍 https://t.co/j3H0LM5Jqn

5. A crucial contribution from @Vardy7 today 🔥 He's your #WhuLei Man of the Match! 🏅 https://t.co/T2tZlyh5l5

Premier League

P Pld Pts
Manchester City 34  86
Liverpool 34  85
Tottenham  34  67
Arsenal 33  66
Chelsea 34  66
Manchester Utd 33  64
Watford 34  49
Leicester 35  48
Wolves 34  48
10 Everton 34  46