Speculation Owen Hargreaves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being reported on SSN. I'd love love love this to happen. A player capable of dominating midfields. It all hinges on his fitness, though, and wether he can maintain it. Get him in for a few of the friendlies, give him pre-season and go from there!

What are the opinions regarding his injury record? The more I think about it the more I think he might be worth the gamble on a short term contract. No doubt he'd have to pass a medical anyway and if he was so fragile would doctors allow him to still be playing at all?

As long as we don't have all 3 of Ball, Woodgate and Hargreaves. Probably worth the risk for one of them.

Can't see us signing Woodgate now we have Mills Bamba and St Ledger

Probably right, but his name has been mentioned so i included him. Suppose he might be considered if we sell Bamba, though that could mean 2 defenders with question marks if Tunchev stays.

It's entirely like you to miss the point of someone's post, intentionally or otherwise. Is this the first admission you've made of your wind up merchant status?

No, Mr Gwilliam has admitted doing this a few times in the past. He's a right teaser at times.

It is entirely like me to miss the point. I have missed the point consistently for decades. This has led those with a dark and cynical nature to suspect I do so intentionally.

However, I never post anything I do not believe. The opinions I put forward are genuine but the language though never crude does sometimes seem to provoke. My support for Natalie is that I genuinely find her a pleasant interviewer. I did hope that people might enjoy "interesting face".

It is entirely like me to miss the point. I have missed the point consistently for decades. This has led those with a dark and cynical nature to suspect I do so intentionally.

However, I never post anything I do not believe. The opinions I put forward are genuine but the language though never crude does sometimes seem to provoke. My support for Natalie is that I genuinely find her a pleasant interviewer. I did hope that people might enjoy "interesting face".

Its certainly interesting David, I'll give you that :icon_lol:

Just for clarity (I couldn't work out how to make the part I was responding to into bold text on my ipad when I posted earlier) I was responding to the 'wind up merchant' label. I genuinely believe that you only post things that you truly believe, however you have in the past admitted to doing so with a bit of mischief in your post, with the intention of inciting people to react (all in good humour I know). Something you admit in your post above:
Usually I enjoy it when people rise to my bait

Has a lot to do to prove his fitness. Pity really, England were a poorer team without him.

If we did sign him, be hard to believe he wouldn't be anything more than another Darren Eadie or Matt Jones.

Then I ask myself, but what if........?

Just for clarity (I couldn't work out how to make the part I was responding to into bold text on my ipad when I posted earlier) I was responding to the 'wind up merchant' label. I genuinely believe that you only post things that you truly believe, however you have in the past admitted to doing so with a bit of mischief in your post, with the intention of inciting people to react (all in good humour I know). Something you admit in your post above:

Show off.

Has a lot to do to prove his fitness. Pity really, England were a poorer team without him.

If we did sign him, be hard to believe he wouldn't be anything more than another Darren Eadie or Matt Jones.

Then I ask myself, but what if........?

I still have his Wales shirt from when he played against Norway :) :054:

Funnilly enough he gave my Dad a £500 River Island jacket, which we put on the carboot we did last Sunday. It didn't even sell for the asking price of £1 !!

Am I missing something here?

Do we not currently have 5 first team central midfielders?

Would rather we brought cover for positions we actually need cover for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669